The Software Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining a variety of software that supports our database of scholarly productivity and providing limited end-user support. As part of the development team, you will develop and maintain new applications, as well as support existing applications for our clients and internal users. We are looking for candidates in the Wisconsin, Charlotte North Carolina and Virginia areas. Candidates must live and be eligible to work in the United States.
You’ll love this position if:
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- You are passionate about providing support to an environment that encourages teamwork and out of the box thinking
- You are a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills
- You welcome the opportunity to have your ideas and feedback significantly impact the development of product
- You want the freedom to use exploratory and cutting-edge technologies
What you’ll do here:
- Maintains company’s proprietary software used for maintaining scholarly activity information.
- Develops new applications, as well as provide enhancements and support for existing systems written in C#, ASP.NET, Angular, and SQL Server.
- Assists in all phases of the SDLC toward development of new software, systems and business processes.
- Obtains the business requirements needed from internal and external customers in order to develop the appropriate solutions to ensure a functional and efficient product.
- Performs the coding for technical specifications written or verbalized by internal and external customers.
- Provides training assistance to customers on the use of the respective systems or processes.
- Collaborates with various departments throughout the organization to create the best possible product and to maintain a timely and accurate delivery of requested software.
- Responds to customer systems issues and provides solutions to problems as needed.
- Conducts testing of the software and assuring its quality.
- Investigates and suggests solutions to defects and problems that may have been detected during testing.