POSITION OBJECTIVE: Position is responsible for overseeing the System Security Department. Safeguard the organization’s computer network and systems, conducting day-to-day security monitoring, identifying weaknesses, and recommending and implementing improvements. Manages the day-to-day information security operations by working closely with team members to ensure directed objectives are met. To implement and maintain corporate network communication strategies and security to assist the organization and its customers effectively and securely.
REPORTS TO: Information Systems Director
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages the process of log collection via our Security Information and Event Management tool; conducts appropriate monitoring and log analysis, to ensure threats are identified and mitigated.
· Conducts vulnerability assessments for AFBIS utilizing available tooling, builds and provides reports to peers and the IS Director, ensures findings are followed up on and remediated.
· Conducts routine security risk assessments, maintains and tracks the resolution of all risks to completion, including assigning specific risks to self or others based on the need.
· Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security solutions and best practices, works to ensure our Cybersecurity program complies with applicable standards / regulations.
· Conduct forensics around security incidents as applicable
· Directly manages specific information security tooling, including encryption tools, mail monitoring tools, anti-malware tools, and digital loss prevention tools.
· Oversees the security hardening on all AFBIS devices exposed to the network through MDM and other tools.
· Conducts security research in keeping abreast of latest security issues and tools.
· Oversees installing, maintenance and support of hardware and software that assists the organization to better utilize the network, computers, and security.
· Manage, review, and develop VPN for customers and employees to securely connect to AFBIS.
· Keep employees and customers informed by communicating security status that could involve them.
· Researches current hardware and software products to make recommendations to the Information Systems Director for methods to provide employees and customers with the best possible solutions for communications.
· Ordering, tracking, and invoice approval for AFBIS purchases.
· Evaluate employee performance.
· Oversee and coordinate employees
· Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS: Works on a daily basis with other team members of the Information Systems Department. Works with other AFBIS team members and staff as needed. Works with vendors and customers as required. Participate as an employee and representative of AFBIS, Inc. in a professional and courteous manner.
NOTE: The preference is for this position to be based in the AFBIS, Inc. Office in Fargo, ND. Remote candidates will be considered.