Support the Ascensus network infrastructure environments. This position will troubleshoot, support, and design expansion and enhancements for our growing network. This is a senior position, providing technical expertise and direction for all network components.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Administer and architect global network infrastructure, including Cisco Routers and Switches, Cisco and Fortinet firewalls and F5 load balancers
- Design, test, build, secure, and maintain an advanced data and voice network
- Produce well-designed, well-documented, and highly-available networks
- Troubleshoot voice and network issues on a routine basis
- Triage requests from software engineers for IT support and insight
- Thorough understanding of MPLS and other WAN services and technologies including SIP and advanced routing
- Analyze the existing voice and data networks and recommend solutions based on requirements
- Support end user issue resolution
- Participate in on-call rotation to ensure availability of environment 24x7
- Must have advanced skills and experience with most of the following:
- Strong IP / Routing Fundamentals: BGP, EIGRP, etc.
- WAN Technologies: VPN, QOS, MPLS, VoIP
- Strong Layer2/Ethernet Fundamentals: VLANs, Trunking, Spanning-Tree, Port-Channels
- Redundant connectivity and infrastructure
- Experience with F5 and Cisco ASA platforms strongly desired
- Experience with business continuity, high availability and disaster recovery
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 10 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Status”).