Headquarters: San Francisco
We are looking for well-rounded software engineers with a passion for quality. As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you’ll own the quality of many features of the product and be accountable for testing strategy, implementation of both manual and automated test plans and test cases and their execution. You’ll be responsible for status communication throughout the software development life-cycle, advocate for our customers, and help deliver great value in terms of quality, usability, and functionality.
We are a diverse team based in San Francisco, passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Work with Quality Assurance and Product Management to run risk analysis and propose/document test plans that establish what should be tested, how (manual vs. automated), when (frequency) and in what order automation should be implemented (prioritization)
- Participate in feature and regression testing for ongoing releases
- Triage and troubleshoot production issues
- Quickly learn TypeScript and Cypress automation framework to support test case development.
- Work closely with Frontend Engineers to read, optimize and complement their existing automated unit, integration and end-to-end tests in Typescript using Cypress as a test framework
What we value:
- Demonstrate solid 2 years of coding experience in any language (develop highly technical features for automation framework, develop utilities to support testing, or develop software application).
- Some experience with SQL
- Experience with owning the quality of the product features in both manual and automation
- Experience with AWS products and services
- Experience with source control and continuous integration / continuous delivery process(prefer Git, CircleCI)
- Experience with the concept of code coverage and its utilization toward testing prioritization
- Self-starter, organized, and able to work on multiple fast-paced projects at the same time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to articulate complex ideas and explanations
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- At least 50% overlap with Pacific Coast working hours
Application Questions:Please be sure to include the answers to the following questions in the "ADDITIONAL INFORMATION" box on the job application. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
- Aside from writing code to develop automation test cases, how many years of coding experience do you have? The experience should fall into the following categories - developing highly technical features for automation frameworks, developing utilities to support testing, or developing software applications
- What was one of the largest coding projects you've worked on? In what capacity did you contribute to the project (development, test, both)? What was a particularly challenging problem you had to solve?
- What are some of the biggest positive changes you've seen in test automation the past 5 years?
- How do you determine whether you should add an end to end test for a particular feature?
- What were the major features or enhancements have you developed for any automation frameworks?
- What is your strategy for using live data (instead of mocked data) to support automation test case development?
To apply: https://jobs.lever.co/aurorasolar/8267682b-6f7b-43fa-82ab-675308a52e2b?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=WeWorkRemotely