Engineering | Zurich, Switzerland | Full-time / contracting
What you tell your family you do:
“I’m building the world’s largest drone ecosystem by designing web tools to help other software developers build better drones. Our software runs on all kinds of drones used for inspection, search and rescue, safety, delivery and more. No, I will not deliver you a pizza with a drone (yet)!“
What you really do:
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you are responsible for building developer-facing web tools for the autonomous robot software development cycle. You will build responsive web tools for data visualization which help developers in the ecosystem build better drones.
In detail you will:
- Build and maintain a software architecture that interacts with large amounts of data on the client-side in a highly responsive UI
- Work with a dockerized service-oriented application consisting of a Single Page App (Vue.js/TypeScript), a frontend server (Node.js/TypeScript), backend services (Rust/GRPC), and PostgreSQL hosted in AWS
- Work with data scientists who are building machine learning flight performance analytics in the app (Python/TensorFlow/Kubernetes)
- Be responsible for holding the highest bar for the entire software life cycle, from strategic planning to tactical activities, to execution and implementing solutions for customers
- Follow the principles of Test Driven Development and always have cybersecurity as first priority
- Write clear, well documented and easy to maintain code
- Work with Auterion and community developers in an agile software development workflow and participate in dev calls, forums and meetings
- Identify and implement new trends in ground control stations, dashboards and apps for drones
- Train and mentor other members in the team
- Manage your day-to-day development activity with GIT and champion easy-to-read and easy-to-maintain git histories consisting of small, well-commented commits
- Be an ambassador of the open source community to Auterion customers and other business stakeholders
- Fundamental concepts and algorithms from a Computer Science degree (or relevant) or equivalent years of working experience
- 4+ years of professional working experience with any statically typed programming language (C, C++, C#, Java, or similar), previous exposure to TypeScript or Rust is advantageous
- Deep experience of architecting and developing complex, greenfield, full-stack web app solutions ideally in a lean environment
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art toolkits and libraries to build responsive web UIs such as - Angular, React, or Vue
- Willingness to learn Rust
- Familiarity with cybersecurity requirements for client-side execution and data sharing
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
How to really knock our socks off:
- Experience with Continuous Deployment workflows with multiple deployments to production every day
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with IoT
- Exposure to TypeScript or Rust
- Affinity for machine learning
What you will find at Auterion:
- As a part of Auterion, you’ll indeed be able to have a high impact on the technology of the future: drones & robotics.
- A headquarters in the heart of Switzerland in Zurich’s bustling city life, while being close to the natural beauty of the countryside and – of course – the Swiss Alps.
- Plenty of opportunities to fly all possible drones in the field just 2 minutes from our office :)
- We have all the perks you would expect from a great startup: an amazing industry (Robotics and Drones...need we say more), incredible office space, a smart multidisciplinary team, a flexible workplace, plenty of food in the kitchen, and a pure mission that binds us all together
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan.
We only accept online direct applications. Applications via agencies will not be considered.