Headquarters: Palo Alto, CA
We are looking for an experienced Compliance Manager to ensure our company adheres to regulatory and contractural requirements as well as in-house policies and framework-specific needs. You will be responsible for understanding and asserting those needs and various levels of business as well as provide guidance on compliance matters.You should be well-versed in legal guidelines and corporate governance best practices and have a high bar on ethical standards. You must be comfortable communicating candidly when necessary and be result-oriented.The goal is to preserve the company’s integrity by assuring lawful and ethical course and helping Bevy maintain and expand the pre-existing compliance program.
We are a virtual and in-person community events software platform. We help companies build, grow and scale their global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Duolingo, eBay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In May 2020, Bevy raised a $15M Series B funding round. On top of that, we're rolling out Bevy Virtual, a new product to help communities build & connect during #COVID19. With numerous large enterprise customers, compliance (ISO 27001, SOC 2 reporting, and more) has been an important part of the business since 2018.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
- Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Draft, modify and implement company policies
- Collaborate with corporate counsels and HR departments to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations
- Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
- Communicate compliance issues effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Successful track record in compliance management
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations, particularly at least one of: ISO 27001, SOC reporting, GDPR, CCPA, or similar
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality, honesty and confidentiality
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- Excellent communication skills - written and spoken
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or related field
- Certification in compliance and/or audit leading is a plus
About the Bevy Team
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way. We work to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
Principals only please.
To apply: https://grnh.se/a66403872us