Headquarters: Palo Alto, California
About the Company
Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build strong global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Duolingo, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research.
About the Role
At Bevy, we owe our success to the effectiveness of our current organizational processes. To help maintain and further grow this standard, we’re seeking a qualified Operations Manager to oversee daily activities at both our offices which are located in Palo Alto and San Francisco. As a suitable candidate, you’ll have a sharp business mind and a proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion within the team. You’ll be adequately skilled in logistics, human resources and financial tasks. The role will encompass a heavy focus on administrative and logistical needs as well as important projects, where you will learn a lot in a short time frame and and be given a lot of responsibility from the outset.
Objectives of this Role
- Maintain constant communication with management staff to ensure operations are running smoothly
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures where needed
- Grow the existing organizational processes to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity
- Be based in Bay Area and assist with offices in San Francisco and Palo Alto.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Supports the team generally in all necessary logistics for both offices
- Runs errands, collects the mail, delivers and orders needed supplies
- Oversees materials and inventory management: Ordering food and drinks, ensuring the internet is working properly
- Hands-on experience regarding logistics of event management for local events like CMX Connect and CMX Summit. Hauls, loads, and delivers needed supplies like food, mailed items, shirts, and sponsor supplies wherever needed
- Assists HR with recruiting, billing, invoicing, payments and vendor relations
- Responsible for organizing and managing all the logistics for our bi-yearly retreats-housing, transportation, food, flights, etc.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale among the team
- Recognize and address problems and opportunities for the company
- Build relations and partnerships with other organizations
- 1-2 years experience in logistics management, operations and leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field
- Excellent communication skills-over communicator is preferred
- Very fast learner and ability to multitask in high-stress situations
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Be willing to take on any task that is assigned to you
- You will based in Palo Alto, California or can be there 3-5 days per week to work with the team at the office
- This is a full-time position
- Principals only should apply to this position
About the Culture
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way. We work to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We look forward to hearing from you!Principals only please.
To apply: https://grnh.se/af63ba392