BibliU Ltd is a London-based startup spun out of the University of Oxford Innovation Fund. We have developed a modern eTextbooks platform that integrates fully with all library and university systems and we're already working closely with a number of UK and US universities.
Our team of 40, of which half the senior management team are women, are currently seeking intuitive engineers to work within a global, cross-functional, product-driven team.
You’ll love being a backend developer for our Institution Systems team, working on scalable tech that challenges you every day. You will be working with our Enterprise Customers to develop and improve our systems that integrate into their systems.
Each week you work with your peers to:
- Implement and build new features of a constantly evolving app
- Test code using well-known frameworks such as mocha, jest
- Peer code reviews, mentoring and developing colleagues.
- Architect the structure of data
- Build new features with rapid scaling in mind that delight our customers.
- Share and communicate with your team, company on achievements and success.
What you will be looking for:
- A team led by smart people that values innovation and contribution
- A remote and family-friendly environment
- Somewhere that values your ability to learn, to build systems to help others learn.
- A mission that impacts the lives of millions of others in a meaningful way.
We offer in return a collaborative work environment, great benefits, equity, and work hard to promote a healthy work-life balance, we offer generous paid time off, paternity and maternity cover. We believe in cultivating a fun, healthy and well-nourished team. We celebrate your birthday with cakes, give you free top-shelf coffee, take you away at least once a year for an annual retreat and look after your family with medical insurance.
It would be great if you could bring
- 3+ years of Node.js experience
- 2 years of experience with Web development and can solve for scale.
- Experience with cloud services like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
To apply: email@example.com