Headquarters: Chicago, IL
Join Bitovi and build enterprise apps the right way!
Bitovi helps companies create better web applications.
We are looking for candidates to help build complex and high-profile web applications within our consulting practice. We guide our clients to build things the "right way": maintainable, scalable, tested, documented, etc.
Our developers are consultants who are knowledgeable and proficient communicators, and are able to help enterprise clients make the right decisions for their applications.
We are looking for an experienced, architect level candidate to run Node efforts for Bitovi. The initial project assignment will be working on a project with a client in Chicago.
We want someone who enjoys identifying and simplifying the hard parts of application development, who loves to talk about software architecture, and can teach others. We also want developers who can lead others and be an integral part of a team.
We are looking for a candidate with the following attributes:
- Experience developing applications at the enterprise level
- Ability to lead a team and perform in a dynamic environment
- Proven ability to deliver real-work solutions and platforms
- Experience working with clients or other stakeholders directly
- Doesn’t mind a bit of travel in the future once we are past COVID, averaging 3-5 days every other month.
Specific technical experience:
- Strong, working knowledge of Node.js (expert / Sr. level)
- Architecting and building ecommerce platforms, using Node.js
- Handling complex scaling issues (sessions, locked lists), tiered caching, sharding data, and sticky load balancing
- Developing modern, micro-service-based web applications
- Complex systems and API Integrations
- Some full stack experience (Deployment, Database, and Frontend)
Other Skills we value:
- Source control with Git.
- Environments setup, secure configuration, and deployments (AWS, Docker, CloudFoundry, Heroku, etc.)
- Server and browser security
- Database schema design and development experience for both SQL and NoSQL systems.
- Understanding and implementing authentication - know when it’s appropriate to use sessions, API tokens, JWT, cookies or a mix.
- Authorization and access control - Role-based, and attribute-based
- Concurrency and scaling application servers.
- The Microservice architecture
- Logging, rate limiting
- Test driven development and benchmarking
In addition to client work, you’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing company by applying your talent and passion towards an area of interest. Bitovi developers:
- Speak at conferences
- Give trainings
- Run meet ups
- Maintain open source projects
- Write articles
- Competitive salary and yearly bonuses
- Bi-annual company retreats (previously in Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- 4 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Maternity / Paternity leave
Interested in applying to Bitovi?
Write a resume and a thoughtful cover letter that shows us that you’re the kind of person we’ve described above, and apply via the link.
Focus on your past work and experience, and point us to some recent work (or your github account). If you have any specific salary requirements or other conditions, make sure to include those as well.
To apply: https://bitovi.applytojob.com/apply/ZZVpBKlvIS/Senior-Nodejs-Developer-Consultant?source=37SG