Job Profile Summary
- The Power BI Developer is responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications and will develop and enhance BI dashboards and reports.
- This individual will be the sole Power BI development resource for the organization and will work to identify, research, and resolves technical problems in the platform.
- They will mentor other IT Personnel as well as Business Users to ensure that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision making capabilities.
- They should have familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- They will work to understand existing Business Analytics functionality and work to build and deploy a sustainable Power BI platform for the enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build relationships with client management and Subject Matter Experts to learn about their processes and identify solutions to problems Design, develop, and implement dashboards and reports using Microsoft Power BI Assist with integrations to company ERP applications (SAP)
- Develop use cases for Power BI integration with MS Dynamics CRM Provide organizational transparency to senior leadership and increase communication across divisions through the development of Microsoft Power BI dashboards
- Develop templates and procedures for SMEs to report data on a regular basis Developing user guides to educate users on system functionality Document business requirements and summarize meeting discussions Apply and communicate best practices for Power BI report development
- Develop guidelines and job aids for self-service reporting within Power BI
- Experience Required 5+ years of experience as a Business Intelligence developer using the Microsoft Power BI and related technologies e.g. SQL Server database, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI
- Excellent SQL skills for querying and creation of views/tables, functions and stored procedures Build dashboards, reports and cubes using SQL, MDX, DAX, Power BI or other visualization tools
- Several years of experience in Data Warehousing with specific experience in BI data modelling and report development.
- Should have a strong understanding of Business Intelligence systems concepts and technologies.
- Exposure to cloud-based solutions such as MS Azure.
- Experience in developing Visualization reports and dashboards using Power BI Good stakeholder management (customer service skills/people handling skills) and Communication skills.
- Ability to work remotely coordinating with project teams Ability to Manage small to medium sized projects
- Experience on Microsoft BI platform suite: Power BI, SQL Server, SSAS/SSRS (latest versions).
- Several years of Business Intelligence data modelling. Microsoft Power BI Certification. (Preferred).
(Due to Covid-19, this job will be temporarily remote.)