We have been growing on average 100% a year since 2015. We are the fifth-largest peer-to-peer car-sharing platform in the world and are on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport. Since starting we have grown our community to more than 4,000+ cars being shared with over 150,000+ members.
Our fast growth and market position has been recently recognised by:
- 2020 - Financial Times High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 500
- 2019 - Australian Growth Company Awards, winner - Company to watch
- 2019 - Deloitte Technology Fast 50
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated mid to senior-level Ionic/Angular engineer to join our highly experienced and mission-driven development team as we scale up. You should be a team player with a high degree of personal accountability who loves shipping polished products optimised for the end-user experience. Your expertise and contributions will help drive our technical strategy and the direction of the platform as we grow to reach the greater Australian market and beyond. This is a full-time role with an immediate start, working remotely.
As a part of the team, you’ll be:
- Working as a member of our tactical, cross-functional team tasked with optimising our hybrid mobile apps and taking them to the next level. Examples include better camera and mapping integrations, optimising third-party plugins, and ensuring speedy app performance and device compatibility.
- Contributing to the continual improvement of the platform by implementing AB testing and working cross-functionally with our Insights team
- Contributing to the direction of our technical environment and development practices.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- A strong history building and optimising Angular/Ionic hybrid or Cordova apps
- Experience optimising build pipelines, ensuring unit and end-to-end testing, and performance monitoring
- Experience ensuring device coverage, testing, and operability
- Familiarity with UI principles and patterns
- An agile mindset and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Pride in your work and a desire to contribute to a team of dedicated and talented people
- Alignment with our mission and a passion to get involved
It would be a bonus if you had:
- A Computer Science, Design or equivalent degree
- An interest in visual/interface design
- Experience with user testing and A/B testing
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/car-next-door-ionic-angular-cordova-software-engineer-remote