Certica seeks an experienced and energetic engineering professional to take Certica’s DevOps practices to the next level by driving the secure provisioning, automation and monitoring of Certica’s infrastructure and applications. The DevOps Engineer will work collaboratively with other members of the product team to deliver world-class analytic, assessment and data management solutions. This role will provide important expertise and knowledge by researching new and upcoming technologies while partnering with other teams to achieve our business goals. This role will blend the considerations of best practices of DevOps while working collaboratively with Engineering and Security in an agile software environment.
This is a very exciting full-time position with generous benefits and flexible work arrangements and a great time to join a market leading company that is expanding its operations. This position will be located at any of our Austin, TX, Cincinnati, OH, Durham, NC or Wakefield, MA locations with a remote option as well.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain the secure infrastructure needed for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices in our products and manage the environments involved;
- Create a highly robust and secure infrastructure for the automation of the build, deployment, test, monitoring and reporting of operations of our software products;
- Ensure our environments are secure, cost-effective, scalable, responsive, and limit single points of failure;
- Work in an agile software development environment with distributed teams using Scrum;
- Participate in security reviews, vulnerability assessments and the resolution of identified vulnerabilities;
- Participate in defining and implementing incident management processes and technologies;
- Research new and upcoming technologies/tools that help us achieve our business goals; and
- Successfully collaborate with other teams, such as development, product management, and quality assurance.
Skills & Professional Experience:
- 3+ years extensive professional experience with multiple scripting technologies (PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.);
- 3+ years of daily hands on production level management using cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) to deploy infrastructure, databases and software in a secure and scalable fashion;
- 3+ years strong experience of any industry leading build, deployment, and configuration system(s); Team City and Octopus preferred but not required;
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement the DevOps pipeline as we scale;
- 3+ years of database experience (SQL Server, MySQL, etc.), including configuration, deployment, and query writing and execution;
- Comfortable with Windows and Linux and working with servers from the command line;
- Experience configuring and managing Active Directory;
- Ability to quickly become a contributor working independently and as part of a local or remote team;
- Strong communication, analytical, entrepreneur skills with pride in personal contributions and passion to learn and grow their professional skills/experience; and
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related software engineering experience.