Salary ranges from £30,000 to £45,000 depending on experience.
As a systems engineer, architect and cloud-based practitioner, you know there's no such thing as "it works on my machine"
What you’ll do
- Work on the systems that power the Click Travel platform by implementing systems, supporting software, monitoring and testing.
- Contribute to the design and operation of existing and future systems to meet the needs of our customers in our Enablement Group.
- Work at the distributed systems level.
- Identify and keep track of metrics that tell you how your systems are performing.
- Continuously improve your engineering skills and practises
- Evangelise and spread your DevOps and Cloud Engineering mentality to your colleagues.
- Look out for ways to improve our development processes.
How you'll be doing it
- You're part of an agile, multidisciplinary team. You bring your unique skills and leverage them when collaborating with others to accomplish goals.
- You prioritise your work with the team, its lead and product owner, weighing both the business and technical value of each task.
- You experiment, test, try, fail and learn all the time - with one thing at a time.
- You use data available to determine the best approach.
- You constantly ensure systems are running in production as early as is responsibly possible through iterative development.
- You don’t do things just because they were always done that way.
- You don’t ignore the lessons learned, however - even those learned by others.
- You know and understand the challenges of distributed cloud systems.
- You can work with software and scripting languages, such as Node.js, bash or python, and AWS technologies such as AWS Cloudwatch, DynamoDB, AWS Kinesis, or have similar experience with other cloud systems.
- You want to work with services that span from user-facing services, to the foundations that run them.
- You have expertise interacting with datastores.
- You find ways to communicate as part of your team.
- You are an agile engineer
What we can offer you
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success. We offer an option of fully remote (within UK), or working from our office HQ in Birmingham.
Exceptional product, exceptional benefits - We know that happy people, create happy customers. We’re proud to support our employees with an amazing range of perks and benefits, including:
Be heard - Everyone has the opportunity to go out for lunch with the senior leadership team of the company to chat about things and learn about our vision and future.
Give back 1% time - Every employee is encouraged to donate 1% of their working time to the community.
Enjoy the ride - From Summer and Christmas parties to themed office days and online games, we ensure that your hard work is balanced out with a bit of fun.
Feel the flexibility - We manage our employees by output, so you can work in a way that balances with your life
Share the perks - Access to substantially discounted hotel rates, air and train tickets.
Perfect pick-me-ups - Free snacks and drinks in the office every day.
That’s just a sneak peak, you can find out about the full list of benefits we offer on our website
Protecting and using your personal data responsibly is very important to us. To find out what happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or any that we may collect about you please read our Privacy Statement