Austin-based Coder is looking for a software engineer to further development of its IDE.
- Design and develop secure, stable, testable and maintainable software with minimal defects
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for new and existing systems, and make recommendations for improvement
- Work collaboratively with others
Your Minimal Qualifications
- No degree is required
- At least 2 years of writing code
- Experience working with Unix/Linux
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Your Technical and Professional Knowledge
The ideal candidate has experience with an assortment of languages and tools:
- Go for backend
- Typescript for frontend
- Google Cloud
- Extensive experience in Docker and Kubernetes
You Get Bonus Points for These:
- Functional programs
- Distributed systems
- Open-source contributions
What Makes Coder Different?
The focus at Coder is on engineering. We also value diversity, and believe multiple perspectives will result in stronger and more enduring solutions.
Coder offers the potential for tremendous business and personal growth. The cadence of work and deadlines depends on where the product is in development. You can expect a fast-paced development environment and minimal meetings.
- Efficiency: We spend our time creating accelerated workflows for developers. It is logical and natural that our own workflows are just as streamlined.
- Candor: Our team improves from continuous constructive feedback. We look for employees who are open and honest with their team.
- Ownership: Team members are responsible for their specific part of the company. We take pride in what we do and what we create; constructive feedback and diverse opinions will keep us on a path of continual success.
Coder is committed to providing an atmosphere of mutual respect. We offer fair and equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation / gender identity or gender expression, or ageage or any other legally protected characteristic.