Headquarters: Los Angeles
My name’s Edward. I’m co-founder of Course Concierge, the online course publishing house. I’m looking for a remote, part-time assistant to my business partner, Till H. Gross.
If you are someone who…
- Is at a crossroads in your life, wondering what to do next;
- Wants to excel in your career, and take pride in active and stimulating work;
- Is seeking an opportunity to prove yourself;
…this is a listing worth reading to the end, and considering.
We need someone who:
- Loves “tidying processes”. With myriad systems, you’d take great delight in straightening them.
- Enjoys the role of being a supportive right-hand. Besides running Course Concierge, Till has two young twin boys he needs a hand helping book things for (choosing winter clothes for them, finding new challenging puzzles online, and researching a good kindergarten).
- Is a terrific writer. Like Churchill, Till prefers dictation to writing. You need to be a tremendous writer and editor, and be someone whose grammar we have complete trust in.
- Has a felicity with numbers and detail. We’re after someone who carries extreme attention to detail (simple spreadsheets included), and who can make sure all runs to schedule.
We’re after someone who can be something of a “bionic” assistant to Till – able both to support him administratively in operating the company, and who’s fine with weekly humble errands on his behalf.
Duties will include:
- Managing continued administrative setup of the company: bank accounts, credit/debit cards, and working between our accountant and bookkeeper.
- Till has a habit of reaching out to high-profile businesspeople. With an impromptu trip planned to New York, can you look up four people it’d be worth meeting with and compose outreach emails to them (and look up their email addresses)?
- The role will partly comprise that of a research assistant. If Till develops a keen interest in 18th century Enlightenment thinking for a week, can you help make the most of the time of fascination?
- Processing clients’ earnings: gathering revenue figures, calculating distributions, and sending payments. Paying team members too. Coming in with some light bookkeeping experience would be no bad thing.
- Booking flights, accommodation, conference tickets, and overseeing Till’s calendar.
We’re after someone who exemplifies sharpness, stability and consistency, and who could be in the role for years to come.
Till’s two TEDx talks have together been watched by 2.6 million people. He has spoken at events such as the European Congress for Psychology and the Austrian Chamber of Commerce. He was nominated as a Global Shaper by the World Economic Forum, and his work has been featured on outlets such as Entrepreneur, Lifehacker and the Tim Ferriss Podcast.
The role will be roughly 20–30 hours per week, and pay will be set at a competitive rate.
Applicants can be based anywhere in North America. (For picking up certain security text codes, we do need you to be in North America.)
Potential *very occasional* travel (e.g. Till moving apartments, you’d be happy to fly over to Los Angeles for a week to help manage).
If interested in the role, please write back (firstname.lastname@example.org
) with a short letter noting your experience and why you think you’d be a good fit. Do not send a CV of any kind – we’re not interested in where you went to school, just that you can do it. We’ll focus all attention on quality of cover note.
We won’t be able to get back to everyone, but for those who stand out, we will be in touch to discuss next steps. (If you haven’t heard back within two weeks of writing, please assume on this occasion you haven’t been selected for an interview.)
Thank you for considering the position and reading until this point. If you’re on the fence about applying: please do. Best of luck, and we look forward to hearing from you,
To apply: email@example.com