Headquarters: Seattle, WA
Defiant is a small, dynamic, fast-growing, and profitable company with loyal customers who love our products and services. We are the global leader in WordPress security, protecting over 3 million websites.
Are you excited about working for a technology company that is securing the web? Are you looking for full-time, flexible hours* working remotely from anywhere in the UK, Canada, United States, Australia, or New Zealand? If so, this may be your dream job!
*Required core hours of 10am - 2pm Pacific Time
This role is part of our QA team and will work closely with our Customer Support team to help resolve technical customer issues that require further investigation. In this role, you will:
- Acquire and maintain an excellent technical understanding of Wordfence and other Defiant products.
- Work directly with our development and customer service teams to design and execute test strategies and test cases. This is a hands-on role that requires both defining testing needs and performing testing tasks.
- Provide 2nd tier customer support as needed. You will use your in-depth knowledge of our products gained through testing to help our customer support team resolve difficult cases. This role will work directly with our customers via email support to investigate technical problems and find solutions.
You'll work with a talented and highly-motivated team that is friendly, fast-moving, self-managing, and highly capable with a sense of humor. Our team's family time is important; we won't typically require long hours when we can avoid it, which is almost always. Our entire team works remotely using Slack for casual interaction, so you can live practically anywhere in the World if you have an Internet connection. There's no micro-management here—we trust that you will see tasks through to completion and communicate with your fellow team members when needed or ask for help when needed.
At Defiant, ‘trust’ is the attribute we value most highly among our team members. We need to know that you can own testing on various products, communicate clearly with our customers, and see tasks to completion with superb attention to detail. Requirements
- Good understanding of WordPress as a CMS and PHP application.
- General knowledge of Internet protocols, web tools, programming languages and security infrastructures.
- Problem solving and critical thinking. Ability to perform advanced troubleshooting and guide customers through the same. Ability to search information and evaluate it independently, or present hypotheses to coworkers for input.
- Experience using bug tracking systems like Fogbugz/Manuscript or similar and experience with the bug workflow, project milestones and interacting with team members via the bug tracking system.
- Experience with git and github and clear understanding of the github workflow.
- Ability to read PHP code. This is not a developer position but being able to locate issues in code and reference line numbers in bug reports is extremely helpful.
- Ability to read and write regular expressions.
- Ability to read and write SQL.
- Ability to write test cases.
- Knowledge of web server platforms like Apache, Nginx and similar is helpful.
- Must be very comfortable using Linux and comfortable with Linux shell commands and getting around in Linux, including running command line utilities and applications.
- Understanding of common web vulnerabilities highly favorable.
- Ability to run command line proof of concept exploits against a web application to test whether it is vulnerable is a requirement.
- Fast and reliable internet connection
- A Big Plus If You Have:
- A keen interest in infosec. Credentials like Security+, CISSP or pen-testing certifications.
- IPv4 and IPv6, TCP/UDP and general TCP/IP networking knowledge.
- Experience with pen testing tools like BURP Suite, nmap, Kali, sqlmap and others.
- Ability to write proof of concept exploits in PHP to test PHP applications.
- Please fill in the form provided in this application. The hiring team will look at this first. The way you answer our form will determine if your application moves to the next step.
- Top candidates who appear to have the right skills from the initial application will be sent a more detailed Assessment Test to further assess skills.
- Participate in a series of phone interviews.
- All contracts and offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background check. The results of the background check are considered as they relate to the position and do not automatically disqualify someone from a contract or employment with the company.
- Join our fast-paced team and start testing our products and supporting Defiant customers. All positions require a trial period of approximately 2-3 weeks with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. You will be paid for this short-term contract, and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue an ongoing, regular employment relationship.
To apply: https://apply.workable.com/j/7B8E1A6FC9