The Data Scientist will leverage scientific methods of analyzing data sources, (internal and external) to predict various business outcomes, build features for Direct Supply products and platforms and drive better cost revenue and business outcomes through statistical inference, forecasting, automation, and optimization. The Data Scientist will also consult and advise stakeholders and senior management in the purchase, implementation, and application of external data science solutions to Direct Supply’s business. In addition, the Data Scientist will implement and support proprietary Machine Learning and AI solutions built by the Direct Supply Research Data Scientists. This will include troubleshooting problems, retraining models and analyzing/updating data pipelines.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Understand the business problem, validate requirements, ensure the scope of the request is fully understood and ensure business problems are translated to the right AI problem statement.
- Use fundamental Statistical methods such as hypothesis testing, experiment design, sampling etc to help solve decision analysis and optimization problems.
- Create and maintain AI/Machine Learning solutions using methods such as Dimension Reduction, Regression, Classification, Natural Language processing, etc using a programming platform such as Spark/Scala, R, and Python.
- Use querying languages such as SQL to perform comprehensive data analysis and validate solutions utilizing a thorough understanding of Direct Supply data structures and external data sets related to senior living.
- Build presentations, reporting, and visualizations for business consumption using Rmarkdown, shiny-server, bokeh, matplotlib, ggplot, etc.
- Implement statistical studies such as transactional surveys, NPS/Loyalty studies, macro/microeconomic analysis.
- Document complex machine learning solutions as presentations and gitlab/github documentation.