Headquarters: Boston, MA
Who We Are
DockYard is hiring a Senior Business Developer to identify and secure new partnerships in the web application development space through outbound sales. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in joining a digital services consultancy on the forefront of new tech. We work with some of the world’s largest brands (i.e., Apple, Netflix) to design and develop ambitious applications for growth and transformation-minded initiatives.
What We Do
We help ambitious companies transform new ideas into fully deployed web applications. Our clients range from seed funded and early stage startups, who depend on us to define and deliver business-critical workflows, to established enterprise companies seeking fresh perspective and deep expertise on new projects.
As a member of the Business Development team, you will play an integral role in helping DockYard find companies that align with our services and value proposition. You will be expected to practice consultative selling to prospective clients that yields valuable insights and meaningful new partnerships.
The right candidate will be comfortable tailoring DockYard’s services to our clients’ challenges. They will be adept at guiding prospective clients through the buying process and will have experience identifying buyers’ primary decision criteria, navigating organization charts, and bringing the right decision-makers to the table.
- Researching and targeting prospective clients.
- Sourcing qualified leads through outreach.
- Developing messaging strategies and BD collateral in collaboration with marketing.
- Conducting outbound sales (e.g., cold-call/email) campaigns.
- Stewarding potential projects from the lead stage, to proposal development (alongside design, engineering, project management), through contract negotiation, to project kickoff.
- Candidates must be based in the United States. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- 2+ years experience in marketing or sales of digital professional services (e.g., agency or consultancy).
- Comfort with public speaking (e.g., pitching proposals, presenting at conferences).
- Proficiency with modern tools for communications (e.g., Slack), productivity (e.g., GSuite), and relationship management (e.g., we use Copper.com as our CRM).
- Clean, quiet work environment suitable for video conferencing and a sense of good “digital etiquette.”
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the year with a focus on lead generation (e.g., conferences, Meetups).
The Senior Business Developer will work with the Director of Business Development to institute repeatable processes and define a scalable model for the continued growth of the department. This position will not be a good fit for the “lone wolf” who wins business but can’t keep the CRM up to date.
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
To apply: https://dockyardinc1.recruitee.com/o/senior-business-developer-remote?source=wwr