Headquarters: Los Angeles, CA
Dray Alliance is a venture-backed company on a mission to transform the trucking and logistics industry, starting with drayage. Our technology simplifies the antiquated process of moving containers across short distances, with focus on port and rail moves. We are on an exciting journey to modernize the logistics and trucking industry, and we are looking for humble, analytical, and passionate people to join us.
Our business grew at a rapid pace in 2019, and we are searching for a Senior Software Engineer to build and scale product offerings (for truckers, shippers, and other stakeholders). You have a learners mindset and a passion for high-quality, reliable, and maintainable code. You prioritize team success over individual success and believe the ultimate success metric is the happiness of our users.
Who You Are
Experienced and Meticulous | You have a solid understanding of service oriented architecture, object oriented design, and common design patterns. You believe in automatic testing, hold pragmatic code coverage in high regard, and can explore and propose ways to incrementally improve code quality.
Curious and Passionate | You are a continuous learner who are passionate to change the world and improve people’s lives. You do not simply accept the ways things are, but live to tackle interesting and challenging problems for a more honest, efficient, and transparent world.
Entrepreneurial and Persistent | You know what it’s like to grow at rocket-ship velocity, and thrive in the ambiguity of a fast-paced startup. You are thrilled about building scalable software that solves real-world problems. You understand the importance of mentorship and are willing to seek help when needed, and be helpful to others on the team.
- Use React to build and improve user facing interface
- Architect, write, and review highly testable code
- Design and implement cloud architecture on AWS
- Translate product requirements to technical solutions
- Mentor junior engineers and provide feedback on how they can grow
- Build monitoring for all services to ensure their reliability
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of software engineering experience building products used by thousands of users
- Experience with a modern UI framework (Angular, React, Vue)
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Ability to research, compare, and choose technologies to use such as choosing a database system
- High growth startup experience
- Experience with databases systems and data model design
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience in DevOps
Our Tech Stack
- UI/Mobile: React, React Native, React Hooks, PostCSS
- API Services: Node.js, hapi.js, Docker, MySQL, Redis
- Infrastructure: AWS, EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, Lambda, S3
- Devops: Jenkins, Grafana, Graylog, Docker, Kubernetes, Github,
- Agile processes: Scrum on Jira
- Remote friendly
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, and Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Flexible vacations and holidays
- Be involved with shaping our organization from the ground up
To apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/1650239074/?pathWildcard=1650239074&trk=mcm