Headquarters: Fully Remote
About Elevate Labs:Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
The ability to write well and speak eloquently deeply affects your trajectory in life, regardless of profession. Unfortunately, many people leave high school and even college extremely unprepared in these areas. We developed our flagship mobile app, Elevate, to help bridge this gap, through 35 games (and more on the way) that teach concrete cognitive skills. Elevate has over 30 million downloads and has received numerous accolades, including Apple’s App of the Year award.
The Elevate app was just the beginning. We’ve recently launched Balance, a personalized meditation app, that helps people with their stress, sleep, focus, and much more. It’s a truly customized experience that makes meditation more accessible to millions of people.
Join us in creating the future of products that help people live healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
To support our growing products, we’re looking for an experienced iOS engineer who has a passion for building great user experiences, pays meticulous attention to details, and believes in software that helps its users. In our collaborative environment, you’ll be working cross-functionally on the Balance app to build and maintain features that educate and delight our customers. As a senior member of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to guide the direction of our products and our engineering team.This is a fully remote position anywhere in North or South America.
What you'll do here
- Lead complex projects by defining requirements, determining solutions, and delivering results
- Participate in the product development process, representing engineering by communicating technical constraints, opportunities, and solutions
- Work closely with our Product and Design teams to build great user experiences
- Own major features and components, iterating on them while maintaining product polish
- Mentor your fellow teammates to help them grow as engineers
- Set standards of engineering excellence in design and implementation with a focus on reliability and maintainability
- You have 5+ years of professional software experience in iOS app development
- You have shipped at least one iOS app
- Proficient with Swift
- Experience implementing unit tests and with development methods that support automated testing
- Experience with writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- You are passionate about user interface and user experience
- You communicate clearly and participate in design reviews and code reviews
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Experience with C++ & Objective-C
- Experience with MVVM architecture, RxSwift, and Dependency Injection
- Experience with building web-backed applications using Ruby on Rails
- Experience building complex animations
- Experience with TeamCity
- Interests in test-driven development and software development best practices
- Interest in cognitive training and educational technology
- Fully remote environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
- Home office upgrade stipend
- Annual learning stipend
- Wellness/Fitness Subscription Box
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/elevate-labs-senior-ios-engineer