Headquarters: Oxford, UK
Hello! Ellipsis Marketing
is a small and fast-growing marketing agency for WordPress businesses. We sit at the intersection of digital marketing and the WordPress ecosystem, serving agencies who sell websites to the biggest companies in the world, and product businesses who sell addons to millions of WordPress users.
Between us, we have the skills “in house” to do marketing strategy and implementation in the most effective areas for WordPress businesses. We want to expand our CRO expertise and service offerings, which is where you come in!
As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that lets everyone do their very best work. We’re based in the UK but regularly travel for work, WordCamps, and pleasure :)
As our new Conversions Manager, you'll work closely with our team and network of freelancers to lead our CRO projects, offer expert consultative insights, and deliver amazing results to clients. You’ll report to our Head of Content and Conversions and will be our first team member specifically focused on Conversions.
This role is an excellent opportunity to spread the word and benefits of CRO to an industry in need of your expertise. You'll need to champion CRO, educate potential clients, and develop our processes. We have the opportunity to help hundreds of product businesses and agencies in our target market, and we need you to help us do that.
This position breaks down as follows:
- 50% managing and delivering client projects
- 25% hands-on CRO work
- 25% internal CRO projects
Your main responsibilities include:
- Deliver our CRO services to clients, including: email marketing campaigns, conversion-focused copy, and some A/B testing. You'll do some of this work directly yourself, and some of this work will be done with external contractors. You’ll own and manage these projects.
- Offer expert consultancy on CRO to our clients through our CRO and Marketing Audits, and our own marketing efforts.
- Collect, report, and analyse data across all our projects to ensure we deliver the best service to clients. You’ll support the business by improving our methods for monitoring client data, then providing actionable insights to the rest of the team and clients.
- We'll work with you to develop our CRO services, and you have the opportunity to develop these. We currently handle a handful of CRO, copy, and email projects. Part of your role will be to build this capacity; this will involve building your own team in the future.
Requirements: hard skills
- Deep expertise in and expert knowledge of CRO, especially for eCommerce / SaaS / digital products:
- Advanced use of spreadsheets for data analysis and capture
- Experience with customer research/discovery
- Experience creating, editing, and testing copy which converts
- Experience leading projects, managing external freelancers, and handling moving parts
- Experience dealing with and reporting to clients, ideally in an agency setting
- Availability to work on European time (GMT/CET)
- Fluent English speaker
- WordPress user (advanced usage desirable but not essential), Google Analytics, GSuite
Requirements: soft skills
- Great communication skills: Remote work relies on a team being able to fully trust each other, so frequent and clear written communication is a must
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
- A “people person”: You’ll be dealing with external contractors and clients on a daily basis. We care about working well together :)
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative and seeing things through to completion
- Curiosity and the desire to learn: As our business grows, we’re constantly adapting and evolving with it. What will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is essential
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with WordPress or knowledge of the WordPress ecosystem
- Experience planning and implementing campaigns and wins for clients who need CRO but are new to it
- Experience building basic email automation sequences which convert
- Familiarity with project management and remote-work tools, e.g. Basecamp
- Marketing agency experience, including client-facing
- Knowledge of B Corp business principles
- This is a full-time, 100% remote role. Work from home, or the beach!
- Competitive full-time salary with pension, benchmarked to UK rates and based on experience. We expect this to be ~£33-39k
- 28 days of paid holiday
- Monthly remote-working allowance
- Regular team retreats (in fun places! ~2 per year)
- Attendance to conferences in Europe with the team (1-2 per year)
- The role has plenty of scope for personal development, and to grow and add more responsibilities as the business grows
- Maternity and paternity leave, and sick pay
- Ellipsis is aiming to become a B Corp by the end of 2020
How to apply
If you could be our new Conversions Manager, get in touch! Please apply through the Workable link. Applications will be open until midnight (GMT) on 22nd March. After applications close we will review all the applications, so expect to hear from us towards the end of March. We will respond to all applicants.
We'll have 2-3 rounds of video call interviews. The final stage will be a paid freelance project to see how we work together; we can make this fit around existing commitments.
We're especially interested in your cover letter. Taking the time to research the role, what we do, and writing an amazing cover letter will increase your chance of success! Conversion rate optimise your application!
Thanks for looking, and we look forward to hearing from you.
To apply: https://apply.workable.com/getellipsis/j/13F4935178/