Headquarters: Lincoln, Nebraska
First Quarter Finance (FQF) is a leading personal finance website. We have been featured in and cited by a number of publications including U.S. News & World Report, Entrepreneur, and Zillow. We publish articles that help our readers Earn, Spend, and Save.
What we can do for you:
- Provide you with the opportunity to impact the lives of our 1MM+ monthly readers.
- Offer a wide variety of topics to cover.
- Invite you into a fantastic remote team that has a culture of journalistic integrity and respect for each other.
- Value your contributions. We make sure everything we are doing is for a purpose and no work goes unappreciated.
- Stable work. Founded in 2013, we're expanding.
- Pay you competitively. Every two weeks. No invoicing required -- we have a system that tracks time and issues payments via direct deposit or check (you decide) every two weeks.
- Pay raises earned based on performance.
- Feature your bio and links on our About page.
- As a side benefit, improve your own finances by covering many important topics!
What you can do for us:
- Edit articles for publication. Each article gets reviewed by multiple editors for everything from comprehensiveness to proofreading.
- Update published content to reflect current best practices and any changes to the facts since the articles was published/last reviewed.
- Write articles as well if you would like. Topics are provided.
- Always be thinking of ways we can improve things or entire new things we can do. If you're hired, we value your input.
- Not set hours, work from anywhere. We’re flexible on the amount of hours you work. Generally between 20-38 hours per week is acceptable. Before you begin, you'll state how many hours per week you can commit to. Since we're expanding quickly, the more you'd like to work, the better.
- Nearly everything is done in WordPress.
- Communicate to team via Slack groups and direct conversations.
- We have a comprehensive onboarding program. You can rest assured that we’ll treat you like family. Questions and comments are extremely welcome.
- You’ll be working with a managing editor and several other contributing editors and of course, writers.
- We are looking to hire multiple contributing editors so feel free to bring a friend.
- You’ll sign two contracts stating terms, nondisclosure, etc. Then each year it’s just a 1099 you’ll receive. Very simple HR with us.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Library Science, or a related field or related experience.
- You're used to working in an efficient environment.
- WordPress experience is preferred but not required.
- Enthusiasm for the topics we cover is required.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply: https://firstquarterfinance.com/join-our-team/