Headquarters: London, UK
At Freetrade, we believe investing should be open to everyone. It’s one of the best ways to grow your savings, but for a lot of people, investing seems complicated, expensive and remote. We want to change all that!
We're a technology company that brings simple, free stock investing to everyone. We’ve built a beautiful investing app to trade in real shares, with zero commissions or fees in a fluid, mobile-first experience. And behind the app, we’re building all the technology and infrastructure from the ground up.
As the first challenger stockbroker to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investment market, we’re poised to expand into Europe in 2020. Our recent Series A investment from leading tech-focused VC Draper Esprit takes our total funding to over $20m, following some record-breaking crowdfunding rounds on Crowdcube.
We are looking for a remote Senior Software Engineer to evolve our architecture whilst owning the design and development of core features.
Using GCP's serverless offerings like Firestore, Cloud Composer & Stackdriver, we're able to quickly build a reliable and performant platform. We use Swift and Kotlin to write performant and reliable native applications leading to a frictionless investment experience. We're language-agnostic, as we're focused on finding amazing software engineers who want to build something exciting with us.
What you'll do in your first twelve months at Freetrade:
- Own the design and development of non-trivial features
- Develop a deep understanding of multiple parts of our stack as well as the processes and technologies relevant to our tech space
- Help raise the bar for our team by contributing to best practices, automation, documentation, and hiring
- Write well-tested software that has few regressions
- Support operational excellence and make measurable improvements to our support processes
- We hire in a language-agnostic way and have people from C#/Java/Ruby/Go backgrounds so whatever your skill set we're happy to hear from you - check out our current stack here
- You’re team-oriented, keen to share your knowledge and open to giving (and receiving) continuous feedback
- You write clean, performant, tested and maintainable code
- You’re product-minded and understand the tradeoffs between quality and delivering fast
- You’re a strong communicator and thrive working cross-functionally with disciplines from operations to design and growth to finance
- You love to learn new skills and want to develop your existing ones to maximise your potential
- You care about impact, love a challenge, and take ownership of your work
The application process consists of an introductory call with one of the Talent team, followed by a technical interview carried out remotely. The final stage consists of a coding project, system design session and a behavioural fit interview carried out in our offices in Aldgate East (though this section is currently completed remotely E2E due to COVID).
You can read about our engineering interview process here.
We offer a competitive base salary plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you. We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/freetrade-senior-software-engineer