Glossier's mission is to give voice through beauty. We are a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, and making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning ways.
At Glossier, we are establishing a team of talented engineers to build game-changing software for beauty commerce & community experiences online. We’re hiring talented and experienced engineers to join our growing and collaborative team to build the future of beauty e-commerce.
We are looking for an experienced, staff software engineer to architect and build scalable and performant applications using engineering best practices. As a staff software engineer, you will be leading the technical direction of one or more projects. You will play a significant role in shaping our software architecture that provides measurable customer value. You understand both technology and business to know the right tradeoffs to make. You will be a technical mentor for your team members. You will work closely with your peers, managers, product, design and operations teams to create solutions that meet business requirements. You will drive engineering and operational excellence across Glossier. You will collaborate with other engineers to surface common pain points, develop solutions and evangelize best practices.
6 Month Expectations:
- Become proficient in our environment and learn how our systems work together to support our public website
- Help integrate various services and systems together to create a seamless flow of information
- Be a champion for engineering, operational excellence & quality best practices
- Review architecture & design proposals from engineering teams
12+ Month Expectations:
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship across multiple teams
- Build and own architecture of systems across multiple teams
- Build and own foundational services that helps us scale our engineering systems
- Be a flag-bearer of our diverse and inclusive culture
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience building customer-facing applications
- Strong coding skills using Ruby, Java (or equivalent programming language)
- Excellent knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Self-quick learner and passionate problem solver
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Above all, an insatiable desire and ability to learn
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with large-scale SaaS applications
- Experience building web applications
- Experience designing services on top of cloud infrastructure like AWS, Azure, etc
- Prior experience technically leading projects
- Prior e-commerce experience
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/glossier-staff-engineer-remote-eligible