Gold Systems is a respected and stable application development and consulting company with long-term relationships with our customers (many relationships spanning decades). We are seeking a senior web developer and analyst for our Environmental Team. This team develops cloud-based applications to organize, analyze, and publish water sampling data collected by volunteer groups, tribal nations, state agencies and the federal government.
As a developer/analyst you will work directly with the technical team lead and assist with the analysis, design, development, and deployment of solutions that meet the needs of our customers. The ideal candidate would be able to dissect complex tasks, identify opportunities for reuse, anticipate effects of changes to shared code, avoid serious performance issues, and follow established standards. You must also be a team player - open to feedback and focused on our collective success.
The work schedule is flexible and the environment is comfortable, where team members are treated with respect.
- Bachelors Degree (preferably in Information Technology - CS, CIS, BIS, MIS, CE). Biology, Chemistry, or Environmental Science are also helpful. Job experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- 4+ years of object-oriented development (at least two of which is in C#)
- 4+ years experience developing N-tier web applications (at least two of which is with ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC/Razor pages, or Blazor)
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise database management systems (preferably SQL Server), with a solid understanding of SQL (DML, DDL), stored procedures, triggers, and performance tuning. Candidates must be comfortable creating and modifying complex SQL statements for data analysis and data manipulation.
- Experience analyzing requirements, developing data models, and creating page mockups to fulfil those requirements.
- Must be able to describe complex technical details in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to communicate internally and externally (with clients) in a professional manner.
The ideal candidate will also have experience with some of the following:
- Statistical analysis using R
- GIS (preferably ESRI). Google Maps also helpful.
- Data Warehousing
- Single Page Application Development (experience with Blazor particularly desirable)
- Mobile App Development
- RESTful Web Services in MVC or Web API
- Entity Framework
- Biology, chemistry, environmental science, lab procedures, LIMS
Gold Systems provides a unique opportunity to work in a small environment with large technology and clients. Gold Systems offers its employees:
- A unique and positive working environment
- Flexible schedules and working remotely (up to 25% of the time)
- Free snacks in the kitchen
- Competitive salary
- 4% employer matching on your 401K contributions
- 28 total days off per year (including holidays) after your first year of employment.
- A yearly technology budget to buy cool things for work or home use.
We are not only dedicated to the success of our clients, but also to the success of our staff. Gold Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.