Under guidance of a principal investigator (PI), a software engineer on a research project will implement innovative prototypes to explore new approaches to problems in software engineering.
This position will allow a candidate to be Remote (MUST BE IN THE USA), in the Ithaca, NY Headquarters or in our Madison, WI Office. The first 10 - 14 days of employment are usually in Ithaca, NY for training and to meet the team.
A research-oriented software engineer is expected to:
- Study and implement approaches drawn from academic literature or in-house design
- Evaluate the resulting prototype implementation to test its value in addressing the research goals
- Report results to the PI and respond by adapting the prototype to better address research goals
- Contribute to presentations and written reports that keep research sponsors up to date on project progress
- Prepare prototypes for demonstrations and evaluations by research sponsors. Respond to any last-minute complications to ensure a smooth and successful evaluation.
- BS in computer science or equivalent.
- Advanced software application development skills in C and C++
- This position is not eligible for any form of VISA sponsorship, including OPT.
Know one or more of these? So much the better.
- Experience with binary analysis, both static and dynamic
- Experience with automatic input generation (fuzzing and symbolic execution)
- Experience with vulnerability research
- Experience with penetration testing (e.g., using MetaSploit) or vulnerability demonstration