We are looking for an engineering leader with a “find a way or make a way” attitude who can report to the CTO and manage, lead and inspire a team of ~6 engineers. We expect the role to begin as an individual contributor and to take over leadership responsibilities through the ramp up process.
This opportunity is for someone excited for autonomy, ownership, and breadth of responsibility.
We’re a hybrid stack
- Our “NextGen” technology is written in .Net Core, NodeJS and React and lives on GKE/Google Cloud Platform. Our “Legacy” platform is AngularJS (aka Angular 1) and ASP.NET.
- We’re looking for senior talent to contribute to our NextGen but who is also capable, when required, to roll up their sleeves and dive into legacy.
Build something challenging.
This isn't just another CRUD application. Your challenge will be to deliver a highly-available service with complex business logic being used by hundreds of businesses 24/7 to keep their operations running. Our entity model is vast and a major part of our domain is synchronizing data with third party traceability systems. Explore the limits of your resourcefulness by designing human and automated systems that deliver consistent performance, reliability and scale whilst working with less-than-ideal third-party requirements and systems.
See if you fit our requirements.
For this role, we are looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- 2+ years experience building and managing a team of engineers
- 5-10 years experience working in back-end applications
- 2+ years experience working with front-end applications
- Deep familiarity with ES6/NodeJS & ReactJS
- Bonus for familiarity with ASP.NET and AngularJS
- Ability to acutely focus on company objectives and mission at hand.
- Proven dedication to creating maintainable, functional, and reliable systems.
- Ability to pass a background check; have appropriate work authorization
Your Mission & Responsibilities:
- Keep the trains running on time and own execution of the product roadmap across the pieces that make up the GrowFlow Wholesale product offering.
- Architect and plan new features, ranging from discussing wireframes to creating the data model to architecting deployment processes.
- Build new features in our “next generation” web stack (C#, .NET core, React, SQL Server, Azure & Google Cloud Platform) as well as contribute to sunsetting our legacy app (Angular, ASP.net)
- Contribute to our engineering culture by designing and developing with intention as well as our focus on continuous improvement.
- Advise, mentor and lead other full time engineers and contractors on projects, small to large, from start to finish.