Hiring for a CRM Developer (Amdocs) - 6 months contract with high potential for extension - Mississauga, ON Your new company Our client, a recognized Telecom firm is looking to hire an Amdocs CRM Developer for a minimum 6 months based in Mississauga, ON. You will be designing, developing, modifying, debugging and/or maintaining software systems. Working on one or more specific modules within a large software system scope Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Engineering - Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintains software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications. Follows Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology (such as design-led thinking, DevOps, etc) and release processes. Ensures code is well designed, testable, maintainable, scalable and supportable. Develops software verification plans and automation and integrates software components into a fully
- functional software system. Promotes system reliability and operability. Provides demos of software products to stakeholders.
- Investigation - Investigates issues by reviewing/debugging code, provides fixes (analyze and fix bugs) and workarounds, reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
- Analysis - Analyzes requirement documents/HLDs. Performs impact assessment (for example, for critical production issues) and contributes to Root Cause Analysis of issues and outlines corrective actions.
- Team Work, Collaboration and Empowerment - Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, provides comments and suggestions, makes decisions together quickly and effectively, and works with cross functional teams to achieve goals. Work as technical interface with other teams to resolve issues related to interfacing functionalities.
- Technical Ownership - Assumes technical accountability for his/her specific work products within an application and provides technical support during solution design for new requirements. Ensures that documentation related to specific modules/applications is correct and up to date. Performs peer code inspection, reviews developed solutions, and provides relevant feedback. Can work independently, can tackle more complex tasks and are proficient in the expected competencies and knowledge
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement - Actively searches for innovation, continuous improvement and efficiency in all assigned tasks.
- Quality and SLAs - Contribute to meet various SLAs and KPIs as applicable, for example, Responsiveness, Resolution, Software Quality SLAs, etc. Ensures assigned tasks are completed on time and delivery timelines are met in accordance with quality targets of the organization.
- Onboarding and Knowledge Sharing - Onboard new hires and train them on processes. Shares knowledge with team members.
- Breaking the Silo - Exhibit curiosity and interest in acquiring cross application knowledge, and demonstrating "breaking the silo" in practice
- Code Structural Quality - Play active and continuous role towards software quality improvement. Harness tools like SONAR for improving code structural quality.
What you'll get in return
- Development Knowledge in Amdocs CRM Application (It will be great if someone has experience in doing Implementation)
- Background in Telecom Industry will be an asset
- Background and working knowledge in Java development
- Development Knowledge in Amdocs CRM (smart, thick or Thin client) Application.
- Awareness of programming concepts and ability to write good quality software code in Java/Oracle/SQL/Unix/Linux/J2EE and Web Services/EJB/Struts/Hibernate/Any Framework
The client is offering a 6-month contract, with a high likelihood of extension and a very competitive rate for an incorporated contractor. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.