Important note before applying :
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is: -3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Dev Care Experience @Heetch
The top priority of our developer-driven team is to improve the productivity of other developers in the company by spotting generic needs across teams and addressing them in the most impactful way. Whether this is done by introducing a new technology or designing a creative solution to a problem shared by various teams, it's done through carefully collected feedbacks, analysis and is delivered iteratively, following closely open-source methodologies. From the inside, we're a caring team of engineers who share the same set of values:
Transparency: We discuss everything openly.
Team Unity: No one is left behind.
Move Fast: No need to demonstrate for days, do it.
Promulgate Knowledge: Whether it's organizational, cultural or technical, we're eager to learn!
It's OK to fail: Succeed together, learn together.
You can read more about our team on our blog.
What will be your role?
With the vast spectrum of challenges we're facing every week, our team is seeking an experienced and pragmatic developer to build solutions that will help Heetch scale to its next level. Our ideal candidate is a Golang Engineer who loves building software for other developers (shiny documentation included!), have strong problem-solving skills and have great empathy for others.
Does it sound like you?
- You're experienced as a Backend Engineer in Go .
- But much more than the languages, our focus will be on engineering skills (problem analysis, docs, testing, research, methodology).
- You design elegant and usable public APIs.
- You're not afraid of leaving your comfort zone.
- You understand that simple is not easy.
- You' re comfortable crafting solutions in a polyglot environment.
- You're aware of and understand technical constraints as well as product constraints.
- It's a plus if you've got knowledge about Event Sourcing, Kafka.
What will you do?
- Build the backbone and tools for others to write services that handle millions of users
- Write top-notch documentation and support other developers
- Collect feedback and exchange with other teams through stellar communication
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues.
- Leave code better than you found it.
- Create a positive environment for the people around you.
- Lead by example.
- Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow.
What will be our main challenges together?
- Build the best local environment a developer could hope for while dealing with the complexities introduced by our growth and a micro-service architecture
- Create a simple yet powerful set of internal libraries for backend developers to help them to develop their micro-services while never impeding their ability to make their own choices
- Design generic solutions to address challenges faced by multiple teams and open-source them
- Contribute to transitioning the backend architecture to an event-sourcing approach
- Continuously learn through an extensive scope of technologies, from Docker to Event-Sourcing and Functional Programming to spot the most effective path to help the tech team