Headquarters: Boston, MA
Help Scout is a product-led company with 10,000+ paying customers who regularly rave about our platform. Our first product marketing leader will come on board and help us earn the next 10,000 customers—and more.
We have some established processes and roles that support product marketing throughout the organization, and we're looking for an experienced product marketer to take us to the next level. You'll be responsible for core components of our go-to-market strategy, including audience segmentation and research; product positioning and messaging; feature launches; competitive intelligence; and sales enablement.
This is a cross-functional role: you'll collaborate closely with our product, engineering, design, support, leadership, and (of course) marketing teams, and play a key role in the testing and evolution of our product positioning.
As our Product Marketing leader, you will:
Develop a deep understanding of our products, buyers, and markets. You’ll be a trusted partner to our product team, collaborating regularly on feature launch strategies, customer insights, market research, and industry trends.
Own marketing strategy for feature launches. You’ll define the process for working effectively with our product, engineering, support, sales, and marketing teams to ensure the everyone is on the same page with how we’re communicating our new feature launches. That includes defining the target audience; developing messaging around the value of the new feature; pulling together the launch plan; coordinating all marketing activities; and communicating the results throughout the organization.
Drive our approach to audience segmentation. You’ll be responsible for articulating our buyer personas, and developing materials and frameworks to help scale the understanding of those personas across the organization. This will include directing quantitative and qualitative analysis around motivations; perceptions; and business value of different market segments.
Enable our customer-facing teams. That includes overseeing competitive intelligence and training; making sure key use cases and core benefits are communicated clearly in all product-specific messaging; and producing internal and external product materials including case studies; sales collateral; and internal training sessions.
Build and lead a high-performance team. Motivate, mentor, and grow the PMM team, ensuring they are set up for success.
- You’ve hired, developed, and directly managed high-performing B2B SaaS marketing teams at various levels of experience, and those people have wonderful things to say about you. Bonus points for experience with SMB markets or in companies with a hybrid self-service/sales assisted business model.
- You are an outstanding communicator, both verbally and in writing. You’re comfortable managing across disciplines at all levels of the organization.
- You have designed, implemented and executed on scalable processes, naturally documenting your proposals and plans along the way.
- You have a keen ability to rally people around an idea, drive toward alignment and buy-in, and lead them through to execution.
- You’re a creative thinker that can connect feature functionality to real-world value, has a passion for storytelling, and a data-driven mindset.
- You are an excellent active listener with great humility and empathy. You naturally build excellent relationships with your team, and peers. You often debate the other side of issues and try on other people’s perspectives.
- You relish team and project challenges and enjoy figuring out how to make things better. In stressful situations, you are the calm, steady voice of reason.
- When needed, you lean in to having difficult conversations with people to resolve a situation and do what is right. You understand the value of direct, transparent, respectful feedback.
- You believe remote teams are the future of work, or are at least excited about the idea. You have experience working with remote teams or can adjust your work/management style to be remote-friendly.
- You can work almost anywhere in the world as long as you have 3+ hours of overlap time with US Pacific (GMT-8) working hours or are willing to time shift to accommodate the preferred timezone.
Who you’ll work with:
Justine Jordan, CMO—You’ll report to Justine, working together to craft our go-to-market strategy, define the vision for the function, and collaborate across the business to help us reach our goals.
Ben Henderson — Director of Product, along with our product leads
Nick Francis, co-founder and CEO – Nick is extremely passionate about product and provides a strong vision for Help Scout. You’ll work closely with him on understanding the market, messaging, and positioning.
Product Specialists in the Support Team - Product specialists represent the voice of the customer, track and report on customer insights, and take the lead on creating documentation.
The Sales Team—The Help Scout sales team inverts the way sales is typically done. They’re passionate about their craft, which entails putting the customer ahead of the sale.
- …plus teammates in Design, Marketing, Finance, and more!
To apply: https://jobs.lever.co/helpscout/5f7aa76e-70ec-4ad5-b159-9945e92a8b71