Are you an experienced B2C marketer who loves to come up with creative strategies to grow online channels?
Do you want to join a team of heart centric A-Players who are working on growing a leading online academy within the crystal and healing community? If you are a digital marketing wiz, detail orientated, self-motivated, insanely efficient, and are ready to roll up your sleeves to get the job done, this may be the best day of your life.
Hibiscus Moon is looking for an experienced and strategic part-time Remote Marketing Manager to lead our marketing team and initiatives. The perfect candidate will have experience managing automated email marketing systems and social media channels.
We are looking for a results-driven marketer to create and implement a strategic marketing and communications plan that will grow brand awareness, program purchases, and student enrollment. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading all facets of marketing, with a focus on website, social media, and email strategy and execution. The Marketing Manager will establish new best practices across all channels through rigorous testing. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for growing Hibiscus Moon’s footprint across all online channels both actively engaging the existing community and managing the brand’s voice and reputation. The Marketing Manager will direct a talented team of designers, content creators, social media moderators, and automated email marketing specialists as they develop programs and promotional content, including program descriptions, advertisements, emails, blog and web content, and other materials, and be responsible for developing the company’s overall marketing strategy.
The Marketing Manager will work cross-functionally with Student Success and the Director of Operations to ensure clear and ongoing communication for all marketing activities. Responsibilities include analyzing and reporting on KPIs, leading the effort to drive brand awareness, customer demand and brand performance, and setting marketing planning and content calendars, managing timelines, and ensuring timely completion of all deliverables. The Marketing Manager will engage students through the conception and implementation of marketing campaigns and promotions, providing creative direction and ensuring alignment with our brand guidelines, audience, and opportunities. The Marketing Manager will utilize category and consumer insights to identify growth opportunities to drive new program development.
Hibiscus Moon is on a mission to instill confidence in the crystal community by teaching the science behind how and why crystals work. We have students in 47 countries with over 1970 graduates from our online academy. With a robust curriculum and programs that dive deep into the science behind the healing powers of crystals, we support and engage with our large community across various market channels, continually growing to provide an inclusive, fun, and knowledgeable platform.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop marketing plans; deploying successful marketing campaigns, owning implementation from ideation to execution, to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished
- Optimize email success through management and deployment of campaigns, ongoing testing and metric review
- Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about our company and drive qualified traffic to our website, focusing heavily on social media and email marketing
- Oversee and approve marketing content, from website pages to social media to digital products, ensuring consistency with brand guidelines
- Analyze consumer behavior and adjust email and social campaigns accordingly
- Attend weekly leadership meetings, quarterly company-wide meetings, and lead regular department meetings
- Support the Director of Operations in the execution of business goals and projects as they pertain to marketing
- Manage Marketing Team
- Consult with Student Success on program and community engagement strategies
- Identify issues with processes, policies, teamwork, technology, and personnel, and work with the Director of Operations to execute solutions that result in market growth
- Support team through regular communication to ensure project understanding and alignment of purpose and goals
- Ensure team has the resources and knowledge they need in order to succeed in their roles
- Work with PMA to task out and manage the progress of projects
Who You’ll Be Working With:
- You will report to our Director of Operations
- You will lead the Marketing Team, consisting of designers, content creators, social media moderators, and automated email marketing specialists
What We Expect From You:
- Effectively manage automated email marketing system (Active Campaign) to ensure issues are quickly resolved and automations are setup properly, working with internal and external team members on platform management and execution
- Increase email open rates through strategic testing and email marketing expertise
- Leverage knowledge in industry best practices to grow newsletter subscribers
- Provide strategic direction and ensure proper execution of planned content on social to grow followers and increase engagement
- Ensure cohesiveness and alignment with brand foundations across all customer-facing channels
- Proactively identify ways to contribute to company goals and missions, utilizing company processes and procedures
- Actions are always outcome-focused, taking initiative and making things happen
We’d Love You To Apply If You Are/Have:
- 3+ years consumer marketing experience (preferably for an online business), including at least 1 year management experience with direct reports
- At least 1 full year experience working in some capacity with online businesses/virtual teams and are comfortable working from home on your own
- Experience with CRM/email automation tools (ActiveCampaign highly desired)
- Self-motivated with strong leadership skills and contagious creativity and enthusiasm
- Outstanding communication, computer, and analytical skills, including developing and reading KPIs, developing marketing plans, leading teams, and evangelizing online consumer brands
- Highly efficient and easily adaptable; able to work quickly and accurately on a variety of tasks and changing work priorities
- Highly intelligent with a very sharp memory, and able to hold a great deal of information
- Paying attention: Please be sure to include ‘MM316’ in the subject of your email
- Live and work from either US or Canada
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- You love engaging with people and building a supportive community
- Flexible (and comfortable) in a fast-paced small biz virtual work environment
- A believer in the pursuit of excellence. Not just crossing things off your list, but rising to the occasion and figuring out how to make something great
This position has high expectations. But if you’re the person we're looking for, you’re the type who gets motivated by high expectations.
Application deadline: March 16, 2020
- We’ll be reviewing applications as they come in so encourage you to apply early
This is an independent contractor role but with the view to create a long-term working relationship (based on performance & fit) and interest in having the potential to increase hours as business needs grow.
You’ll need to be regularly available across 4-5 days a week with a total of 15 hours per week and the flexibility to work additional hours during peak times of the year. Actual working hours are flexible and you can set your own schedule (so long as you deliver on your commitments).
We are aiming for a start date as soon as possible.
Why Work With Us?
- Work with authentic, caring, and supportive people that are results-driven
- Flexible hours and no dress code - work from wherever you want!
- Be part of a successful company that values both business and people
- Be part of a business that helps people use the subtle energies of the universe to manifest the life of their dreams
Ready To Apply?
Please email your resume along with a video or
cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
(video preferred). Please include your hourly rate and the specific subject line code. Please note: we will not be reviewing/considering incomplete applications or applications that are submitted in any other form than via this direct email
. Be sure to tell us why you would be a great fit for this specific position and answer the following questions:
- What experience do you have in working with automated email marketing systems? Have you worked with Active Campaign?
- What is your one superpower when it comes to managing people or teams?
- Explain a marketing plan you developed and executed that crossed digital marketing channels and what the results were.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will not be able to respond individually to all applicants – only to those who are short-listed. We appreciate your interest and look forward to reviewing your application!
To apply: email@example.com