Angular Developer who loves TDD
Our main project is a learning management system (LMS) which allows learners to enroll and take courses online. Our primary customers are healthcare workers who are required to maintain their licenses by taking courses to get CEU’s (continuing education units)
This project has a frontend served with node, built with angular 2+ which consumes our backend application via RESTful API maintained by other team members. The backend is mostly php but you won’t need to touch that unless you really want to.
What you will be doing
- Adding new features to our LMS frontend application. This includes all UI/UX, design to development.
- Meet with stakeholders to understand our clients needs and propose solutions.
- Design functional user interfaces to meet those needs
- You bring your own unique skill set tothe table and collaborate with others to accomplish your goals.
- Develop components backed by tests, code quality and tests are HIGHLY valued here, you will have time to make sure it is done right!
- Cleaning existing tightly coupled components that where not done right the first time…
- Migrate old features out of the legacy application. Best not to touch it lest it break, so just re-make it the right way!
- We are all about continuing education, you will be provided the time resources to learn and grow and we expect you to do so!
- You will be reporting to the lead frontend engineer.
- Review other team members pull requests and respond to feedback on your own.
- Respond to testing feedback (product owner manually tests things before they are approved to deploy)
- Look for ways to improve anything and propose your ideas. We want to hear them!
- You’re part of an agile, multidisciplinary team. You bring your own unique skill set tothe table and collaborate with others to accomplish your goals.
- One week sprints planned ahead in JIRA
- Super short daily stand-up in the afternoon
- Learn something new each day
- Enjoy flexible work hours while getting stuff done!
Our Dev Team
Company size is about 20 to 30 people. The dev team size is about 5, two frontend, two backend, and then a devops/backend guy who manages all kinds of stuff. We collaborate, bounce ideas off each other, have fun. We do TDD kata's and coding challenges just for fun. We talk on slack and google meet.
- TravisCi or CircleCi (we have and use both for different things)
Languages and Frameworks
Though others may be using PHP, Bash, Python, Go
Mac or Linux please, lets leave it at that :)
- Angular 2+
- Excellent CSS skills
- passion for clean, quality code that is maintainable!
Nice to haves:
- AngularJS (some legacy stuff needs re-done)
- Nodejs, storybook, jest
- DevOps, CI/CD Pipeline
- Flexible work schedule
- We pay for your training (udemy, pluralsight, cleancoders)
- 15 days paid time off (PTO)
- health, vision, dental, 401k, etc.