Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
) is a live video events platform that brings people together online. Our mission is to provide better connections for a better world through interactive and personal online events.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit's Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
Currently have come out of private beta with over 15000+ on our waitlist and are looking to scale very quickly!
With significant early traction, we're working towards building our team to be the heartbeat that drives the company forward. (Our aim is to be the fastest-growing startup in Europe 2020).
What we're looking for
Hopin is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer who is self-driven, passionate and ambitious! We're looking for someone with strong experience in DevOps, that can maintain and build upon our existing infrastructure. We currently don't have a DevOps team and are looking for someone who can start implementing processes, create structure and build a team.
We're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team. We're currently a team of 15, and you will be directly reporting to the Tech Lead.
- Come in and create systems and processes from scratch
- Maintain our existing infrastructure
- Work on the overall architecture of our platform
- Have strong focus on automation and efficiency
- Think strategically about how to evolve our products
- Have a desire and ability to solve open-ended problems in a highly-functional way
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to find solutions to problems
- Accountable for all parts of the software development lifecycle
- Leads code reviews and actively provides feedback on others’ designs/code
- Makes tactical vs. strategic tradeoffs
- 6+ years of experience working in commercial environment doing SRE, devops, sysadmin, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in lead / management DevOps role
- Demonstrable experience learning new technologies on your own
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Familiar with SQL databases, either PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Familiar with a Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge in best practices for the whole software development cycle (TDD/CI/CD) and agile methodologies.
- Good knowledge of version control
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Great written and spoken English
- Able to work directly with business stakeholders - can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions
- Comfort with collaboration, reaching across teams, and focusing on business outcomes.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis or Memcache
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Knowledge of Terraform, Chef, Puppet or alternative
- Experience with monitoring tools like New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog
A competitive starting salary for this role with opportunity for bonuses as we scale, as well as equity.
We are currently a remote team and are open to remote applications from all over the world (preferably within 3 hours from London). However, if you’re based in London you can work with the Founder, Ops and the Tech Lead in the heart of Shoreditch.
How to Apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? Email us at email@example.com
- Include this role's title in your subject line (it'll help us to sort through the emails).
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org