Location: Remote with preference given to candidates between UTC+2 and UTC-8
Hypothesis is seeking a Customer Support Engineer to join our growing support and success team. You’ll help us address the rapidly expanding demand from academic institutions, departments, faculty and students for our digital annotation tool that supports deep reading and social discussion in distance learning environments. This key customer-facing role is responsible for user support, support engineering, and documentation to ensure that our users and partners have a seamless experience and are delighted by their use of Hypothesis products.
To be successful in this position, the individual must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and a team-player attitude who has a proven track record in managing customer facing software implementation projects while also sharing in our larger vision of a world where annotation is as common as comments, but more useful and engaging.
About the role
In this role, you will work with other members of the support and success team to help individuals and institutions using Hypothesis technologies, ensuring they have the best experience possible from initial demo, through implementation, product updates, and subscription renewal, contributing to the company’s overall sales cycle and client success processes.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing direct end-user support.
- Assisting partners with implementation and ongoing technical questions.
- Maintaining effective communications with people that need help with Hypothesis from first contact to successful resolution.
- Hosting product demonstrations.
- Guiding partners through the technical implementation process.
- Troubleshooting and identifying solutions to issues reported by Hypothesis users and partner organizations.
- Engaging deeply and directly with Hypothesis technologies to investigate and resolve issues working with Product Delivery team members, including making contributions to code, UX design, tests, and documentation.
- Co-stewarding our knowledge base and other guidance to help expand internal and external knowledge of Hypothesis technologies and practices.
- Working with a multi-functional team and communicating proactively to resolve issues.
- Working with our Sales and Success teams to support Hypothesis implementations, onboarding, and expanded use.
- Gathering statistics and helping identify priorities for product and service improvements based on end user issues and experience.
This role reports to the Vice President, Education.
You take great satisfaction in working with customers to find what they want, create solutions and ensure success. You are tenacious and resilient in achieving your goals and objectives.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems, the Learning Tools Interoperability and other relevant standards, as well as other ed-tech platforms and tools
- Solid basic knowledge of software development. Proficiency is not required
- Tech-savvy: able to speak to customers clearly and concisely about our product’s features and benefits
- Previous experience in education, whether at an educational institution, education publisher, or ed-tech company
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective project management skills
You will be successful at Hypothesis if you:
- Are tenacious, self-directed, and highly motivated
- Are committed to excellence and improvement
- Are easy to get along with
- Have previous remote work experience
- Have strong time management and communication skills
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Can communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues (especially important in a remote organization)
- Have an approach to your work that allows for growth and change