Headquarters: Greater Philadelphia, PA
Software Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist / Project Manager
Instinct Science is a growing Philadelphia-based animal health company working on a unique technology solution for state-of-the-art veterinary hospitals. We continue to grow and are seeking a software quality assurance specialist / project manager who is looking for a new career opportunity.
The Instinct team consists of veterinary and technology professionals who offer years of experience developing and commercializing point-of-care software for the veterinary industry. We encourage a diverse, inclusive, supportive, fun work environment. As a distributed team, we value teammates with strong communication and organizational skills.
The ideal candidate is efficient, thoughtful, detail-oriented, and motivated by working on challenging yet meaningful work that has the potential to shape the entire profession. Your geographic location isn’t important as long as you can overlap with our regular business hours (Mon-Fri 8-5 ET).
You Will Work On:
You will test software, analyze requirements, and be instrumental in ensuring product quality. Your testing and contributions will greatly influence the usability and usefulness of the product. Day-to-day work will consist of manually testing software, reviewing product road map to ensure development work is on track, and taking ownership for troubleshooting any production issues. You will be part of a close-knit team that is working hard for a better product each day.
We’re Looking for Someone With:
* Software QA testing experience, preferably with sophisticated software
* Deep understanding of the QA testing process and best practices
* Knowledge of software development processes* Ability to test software with clients' needs and wants in mind
* Ability to communicate effectively with software engineers, analyze technical requirements, and create test cases
* Great attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
* Skilled problem-solver and critical thinker* Flexible with the ability to work and make sound decisions under pressure
* Experience managing tasks and projects
* Jira or a similar software development tool* Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets* Working closely with a software development team* Working efficiently as part of a distributed team* Experience with automated testing
What It's Like to Work at Instinct:
As a distributed organization, the Instinct team strives to maintain strong communication, organization, and personal connections. We hold a mutual desire to build a company that reflects our care for every individual in our team. We treat each member well by going out of our way to help one another in the short-term and pushing for growth in the long-term. We also value transparency both internally and with our partners so everyone is informed and excited about every challenge and success. --
Instinct Science is a greater Philadelphia-based animal health company that helps the world’s state-of-the-art veterinary practices streamline their care through medically-driven invoicing and thoughtful automation. Find out more at www.instinct.vet.
Our project is supported by the Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern PA, an initiative of the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development funded by the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority.
Instinct is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a work environment free from harassment or discrimination in any form. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, ancestry, veteran, or disability status.
To apply: https://www.instinct.vet/instinctjobs