Headquarters: Santa Barbara, CA
Invoca is committed to anti-racism and driving lasting change in the workforce. This starts with our hiring process. Read more here: Fostering Allyship and Anti-Racism
Commitment to our customers, collaboration, and continuous improvement in a positive environment are more than words written on a wall at Invoca, it’s our way of life. We take pride in an inclusive and egoless culture that helps us drive innovation and build value for both our customers and our people. And of course, there’s the competitive pay, great perks, and getting to work on an industry-leading product. If this sounds unlike most tech jobs you’ve had, you’re right. Come join us. We’re building something special.
About the Engineering Team
You’ll join a team where everyone, including you, is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of software development tools, practices, and processes. We are an incredibly supportive team. We swarm when problems arise and give excellent feedback to help each other grow. Working on our close-knit, multi-functional teams is a chance to share and grow your knowledge of different domains from databases to front ends to telephony and everything in between.
We are passionate about many things: continuous improvement, working at a brisk but sustainable pace, writing resilient code, maintaining production reliability, paying down technical debt, hiring fantastic teammates; and we love to share these passions with each other.
Learn more about the Invoca development team on our blog atblog
and check out our open source projects atopen source projects
About the Role
Are you looking to work with smart people who are as committed to building great teams as they are to building great products? Invoca offers a unique opportunity to make massive contributions to our production SaaS platform and cloud infrastructure. You will participate in the technical leadership of a team that is directly responsible for the roadmap, development, and maintenance of several Invoca services while upholding high standards via modern agile methodologies: test-driven development, continuous deployment, and DevOps.
You are excited about this opportunity because you get to:
- Work on a team (and occasionally cross team) to implement solutions to exciting problems, including:
- Scalable and reliable SOA web applications
- Responsive user interfaces using React and Apollo
- High performance REST and GraphQL APIs
- Large scale data warehouses
- Provide technical mentorship, code reviews, and technical project leadership for your team
- Identify and drive the adoption of new technologies, best practices, and design patterns in your team
- Use metrics and your team’s collective experience to drive development decisions
- Share your passion for learning about technical topics with your team and peers
We are excited about you because you have:
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- A track record of owning technical projects, maintaining features in production, and solid prioritization with a customer focused mindset.
- Advanced knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Test Driven Development, and MVC design.
- Previous experience building customer driven web applications, working closely with Product Management in a continuous deployment environment.
- A desire to create elegant, scalable, and maintainable tools and solutions.
About Diversity and Inclusion
“Our company is committed to creating a culture that is not only grounded in continuous learning, teamwork, and customer success, but is fair, equitable, and welcoming for everyone.” Gregg Johnson CEO
And to us, diversity and inclusion means even more than treating current employees well and making them feel welcome. It also means proactively hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique demographics, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Invoca will always be a place filled with laughter, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness and respect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/invoca-senior-software-engineer-2