As a Software Engineer, Senior on the CLMS/FactorSoft® Platform at ProfitStars®, a Jack Henry Company, you’ll be provided a great opportunity to develop and support new and existing products for commercial portfolio management and small business lending using .NET, Visual Studio, and SQL Server. We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual, who loves challenges, and is passionate about creating and delivering software.
The CLMS/FactorSoft® Platform sits on top of Microsoft SQL Server and consists of a hybrid of Microsoft technologies and suite of custom components; ranging from Component Object Model (COM-VB6), Windows Forms (.NET) and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF). The platform has an arsenal of interfaces (100+) and class libraries running under custom built windows services; leveraging a multithreaded architecture and Microsoft Messaging Queue (MSMQ), these services can infinitely scale vertically and horizontally.
Responsibilities include working with other developers, business analysts and technical writers, and developing new features and correcting defects in the CLMS software. Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within CLMS/FactorSoft team but across the organization as well. The following are examples of where you could progress to: LoanVantage product team, BusinessManager product team or Core Banking product teams.
The position can be based out of the following Jack Henry office location: Birmingham, AL (downtown) or remote.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering required.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of experience writing Windows desktop applications using .NET languages (C# or VB.NET).
- Must have 6 years of experience with either SQL Server or Oracle.
- This position has up to 5% travel to attend potential training and or a conference.
- Experience using Agile development methodologies.
- Experience using commercial GUI frameworks such as DevExpress, Infragistics, Telerik, or SyncFusion.
- Experience writing T-SQL or PL/SQL scripts and stored packages.
- Experience using Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server source control.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server builds.
- Experience with SQL Server administration a plus.
- Experience with Windows administration a plus.
- Experience with Azure IaaS a plus.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.