Headquarters: Chicago, IL
- Be responsible for 2-3 projects at a time, all at varying degrees of completion.
- Be comfortable learning and maintaining legacy code bases.
- Investigate and resolve 15-20 reported bugs.
- Make updates to a SQL server database schema using our in-house data modeling tool, X2O.
- Provide well-written messages to a client in Basecamp about the current status and upcoming roadmap for a particular site implementation.
- Routinely provide detailed insight to a client explaining how you've implemented a piece of logic that they've specified to resolve a bug.
- Work with a project manager to estimate project completion
- Gain more business domain knowledge of how benefits and retirement plans work, as you continue to implement more code for a client. You'll use this knowledge to become even more productive and valuable for future projects.
- Perform scheduled code, database schema, and data migrations to various environments.
- Respond to issues discovered in a dynamic and static scan of existing code bases.
RequirementsAll of our developers here have experience in the following, in order of how often you’ll be using these languages/patterns:
- .NET / C# using the MVC framework
- Relational DB development
- Service-repository pattern and dependency injection
- Unit and regression testing
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and related tools
- Experience with database structures, stored procedures, functions, triggers, data migration and transformation
- Experience with .NET C#, dependency injection, Web API and other .NET related development
- Experience with SSIS and data transformation
- Experience with Redgate Data Tools
- Experience with Windows Tasks, Powershell and automation tools
- Willingness to work 9-5 pm CT, Monday-Friday
Kin is a close-knit, hard working team of software developers, designers, technical project managers, and support staff working to build better workplaces and employee experiences.Kin promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome, and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage all qualified U.S. Citizens / U.S. Permanent Residents to apply for this job.
++++ Staffing and outsourcing agencies will not be responded to ++++
To apply: https://apply.workable.com/kin/j/84DD356B62/