Our homes are our most valuable asset and also the most difficult to buy and sell. Knock is on a mission to make trading in your house as simple and certain as trading in your car. Started by founding team members of Trulia.com (NYSE: TRLA, acquired by Zillow for $3.5B), Knock is an online home trade-in platform that uses data science to price homes accurately, technology to sell them quickly and a dedicated team of professionals to guide you every step of the way. We share the same top-tier investors as iconic brands like Netflix, Tivo, Match, HomeAway and Houzz.
We are seeking an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer/DevOps Engineer to help us design, build and monitor our AWS cloud infrastructure.
You will provide infrastructure architectural direction and implementation to support engineering efforts for both Knock’s internal and customer-facing products. We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating great products to help millions of home buyers and sellers.
- Work with engineering teams to understand infrastructure requirements, provide insight and direction to achieve a balance between strategic design and tactical needs
- Assist in migration and maintenance of development, staging, and production environments in AWS using Terraform configurations (infrastructure as code)
- Establish and ensure infrastructure standards (security, reliability, availability, and scalability) and procedures are met by our engineering teams
- Design and implement AWS cloud infrastructure tools
- Design and implement proactive monitoring solutions to ensure service SLA’s and other metrics are met
- Identify opportunities for infrastructure optimization and cost reduction
- Some on-call required
- Must be based in the continental United States
- 5+ years of experience as DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer, or Infrastructure Architect
- 2+ years of full lifecycle software development experience including coding, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment
- 2+ years of experience with deploying, operating, and monitoring infrastructure in the AWS Cloud
- Practiced understanding of AWS Organizations and account modeling strategies to segment billing, network, identity, management, etc
- Strong practiced and demonstrated knowledge of AWS Networking including VPCs (sharing and peering), NACLs, Security Groups, Routing, Subnets, NAT Gateways, ELB/ALB, Route53 Public and Private Zones and Resolvers
- Knowledge of AWS and common open source VPN technologies, such as OpenVPN server for SSL VPN
- Knowledge of best practices in the creation and operation of AWS EC2 instances as “cattle not pets” by deploying IaaS instances from hardened AMIs with scripted post-config
- Strong practiced and demonstrated knowledge of AWS Identity architecture and configuration for IDP SAML federation to services like Okta, AWS IAM User best practices, AWS IAM Role Assumption and Trust/Perm Policies
- Provisioning infrastructure in the AWS Cloud specifically with Terraform
- Running container management systems (ECS, Kubernetes, Mesosphere) in production
- Knowledge of Linux OS (CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu) and bash/shell scripting
- Experience building and running jobs in an automated CI/CD pipeline to automate infrastructure resource and code deployment
- Programming proficiency in Python
- Pacific Time Zone is ideal, but not required
What we can offer you:
- An amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building the next multi-billion dollar consumer brand around the single largest purchase of our lives.
- Talented, passionate and mission-driven peers disrupting the status quo.
- Competitive cash, full medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k, flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory) and sick time.
- Flexibility to live and work anywhere within the United States. As we are a distributed company and engineering team, we are open to any U.S. location for this role.
We have offices in New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Dallas-Fort Worth, Phoenix, and Denver with more on the way. In fact, we are proud to be a distributed company with employees in 18 different states. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate, mission-driven team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.