Our homes are our most valuable asset and also the most difficult to buy and sell. Knock is on a mission to make trading in your house as simple and certain as trading in your car. Started by founding team members of Trulia.com (NYSE: TRLA, acquired by Zillow for $3.5B), Knock is an online home trade-in platform that uses data science to price homes accurately, technology to sell them quickly and a dedicated team of professionals to guide you every step of the way. We share the same top-tier investors as iconic brands like Netflix, Tivo, Match, HomeAway and Houzz.
We are seeking a passionate Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test to help us build our QA & automation processes, procedures, and tools. You will be responsible for integration and regression testing our frontend, mobile, and backend applications, and will be an advocate for a modern DevOps-first automation-rich development and release pipeline. We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating great products and making the world amazing for homebuyers.
At Knock, we have fun, we move fast, we support and celebrate our fellow teammates, and we live by our POPSICLE values.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test you will:
- Lead and create robust test documentation including test plans, test cases, and test result analysis.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of deliverables.
- Build, run and maintain automated functional, integration and regression tests to help improve software quality.
- Build and maintain tooling to facilitate testing in the CI/CD pipelines.
- Design metrics for performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other systems.
- Work deeply with our in-house and field operations team to identify, document, and regression test issues as they occur in the wild
- Collaborate closely and daily with the design, product, engineering teams and other key teams at Knock.
We’re looking for Knockstars who have:
- Must be U.S. based.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Sr. SDET
- Experience in developing test strategies, test plans, test cases, and analyzing test results.
- Experience in building automated functional, integration and regression tests.
- Experience with testing automation frameworks.
- Experience in building automated UI testing for both web and mobile.
- Proven ability to translate functional requirements and use cases into working test plans and test cases.
- A strong customer-first mindset and data-driven approach to their work
- Knowledge of SQL (MySQL or Postgres).
- Proven success working remotely in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team
Bonus points for:
- Team and/or technical leadership experience.
- Development and test experience in Node.js and React Native.
- Experience with native Android and iOS automated test frameworks.
- Experience with Docker-based ecosystems and container orchestration systems such as Amazon ECS or Kubernetes.
What We Can Offer You:
- An amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building the next multi-billion dollar consumer brand around the single largest purchase of our lives.
- Talented, passionate and mission-driven peers disrupting the status quo.
- Competitive cash, full medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k, flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory) and sick time.
- Flexibility to live and work anywhere within the United States. As we are a distributed company and engineering team, we are open to any U.S. location for this role.
We have offices in New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Dallas-Fort Worth, Phoenix, and Denver with more on the way. In fact, we are proud to be a distributed company with employees in 21 different states. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate, mission-driven team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.