As a fully remote team, communication is extremely important - there is no chance to drop in on interesting discussions around the water cooler or to see if someone is busy just by glancing at their desk. We have systems to signal busy-ness; regular meetings and stand-ups to disseminate information, frequent one-on-ones to ensure there are no frustrations building up, a code of conduct and a formal complaint process to resolve conflicts early-on.
As a key member of our QA team, you’ll specifically be expected to:
- Design and build tests from requirements
- Attempt to reproduce issues that come in to support to then log them
- Work closely with the QA Manager to ensure that time is used efficiently
- Attend and contribute in weekly / monthly meetings
- Suggest improvements if there are issues in the current process
- Investigate issues when they are difficult to reproduce and have a hunger to get to the bottom of why something is happening
- Create robust end to end tests while working closely with the developer who was responsible for that work.
- Perform manual testing on different areas of the Lasso application
- Perform manual testing of the entire application during pre- and post-release testing
- Perform webhooks/integrations and API testing
- Create test plans and test cases for new features and requirements, and/or fixes to existing bugs
- Acknowledge and validate submitted tickets by both the R&D team and client services
- Log any found defects and track bugs using Jira
- Communicate any issues to the R&D team that require immediate attention
- Work closely with other members of the QA team to prioritize work
- Actively participate in QA meetings
- Assist in onboarding new resources when needed
- Stay on top of the industry standards of QA and promote efficiency recommendations
- Assist junior members of the QA team as a mentor
- Maintain documentation on manual test cases on TestRail on a regular basis
- Use MySQL to run queries to look at issues that require a deeper digging in the database, and/or to confirm some data-related issues.
- Deploy pending changes for subsystems from Beta to Staging only if the smoke tests pass in Beta.
Lasso’s vision is to be the technology hub for new home sales in North America by providing a unique combination of remarkable software and expert services. To achieve our vision we need great developers. That’s why we’ve created a great work environment, encouraging self-direction, personal development, and teamwork.
Lasso is based in Richmond, BC, Canada. To learn more please visit www.lassocrm.com.
Remote work Self-directed working environment People over process Greatly influence product and team culture Data & Fact-driven decision making Education and training budget