Software Engineer III Overview:
Work as a team in a technical, creative, driven environment with other engineers as we reinvent health insurance quoting!
The Limelight Platform is an end-to-end, cloud-based, desktop and mobile insurance quoting and underwriting solution for B2B insurance professionals that is leading the technical revolution of the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Successful completion of a code school like Makersquare, Hack Reactor, etc. or equivalent experience.
- 3-5+ years in an operational role with proven success.
- 1-2+ years in a team leadership role.
Factors that may contribute to success in this role:
- Responsive Web Application development
- Cross browser compatibility
- Unit testing (Jasmine/Karma)
- Angular Material
- Promises with Q node
- Promises with $q
- AWS & AWS CLI
- RESTful Services
- Understanding of containerization (Docker)
- Industry experience a plus
- Lead a team of engineers in day-to-day activities.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of junior engineers
- Owning functional product areas and become a subject matter expert
- Developing and supporting a large enterprise application in production with significant daily usage.
- Supporting and implementing the latest standards in securing data at rest and in transit
- Developing and managing a robust set of RESTful APIs
- Executing full lifecycle software development
- Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and patch existing systems
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party APIs
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
* Please do not apply to this job unless you are authorized to work in the US. We are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
Limelight Health is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.