Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect cargo with trucks. By better matching supply and demand, we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimaging a 700 billion dollar industry. You know how to take ideas, optimize them, and push it into production code using Python.
We are looking for a Sr. Data Science Engineer to work remotely in Brazil with experience in Software Development to join us in the Sourcing Automation group in order to analyse, design and implement machine learning algorithms for systems that provide recommendations to source carriers, and that optimize margins of carrier prices.
- Model predictive techniques to a variety of logistic problems
- Develop new (and improve existing) machine learning algorithms
- Implement, release, and then maintain the algorithms running in production
- Analyse metrics and look for sourcing improvement opportunities
- Experience in modeling and implementing predictive algorithms (either from scratch or by having used libraries / frameworks)
- Software development skills in Python, databases (such as PostgreSQL, Redis) and REST APIs (other programming languages, a plus)
- Software Design / Object-Oriented Programming / SOLID Principles
- Experience implementing automated tests - unit and integration tests(test-driven development, a plus)
- 2+ years of experience as a data scientist/machine learning engineer
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer
- 5+ years of experience total
- You’re very comfortable communicating in English (both written and spoken) - you will work in an international team with native and non native english speakers
- Native proficiency in Portuguese language
- Curiosity. You're keen on learning new technologies and tools as well as evaluating their pros and cons. You ask questions and are hungry to learn more
- MS or PhD in a technical discipline would be cool, but it is not mandatory.