Maharishi Foundation International
is made up of a small, distributed team with the thrilling task of leveraging modern technology to bring about growth and greater efficiency in the long standing, global Transcendental Meditation® organization. We have the great privilege to be able to innovate with considerable freedom while working closely with the leadership of the organization. Our flagship product is a mobile application for the international Transcendental Meditation® community.
*This is an incredible opportunity to be deeply involved in building and launching a product in a growing industry for a well established company with strong brand name recognition and an existing global community.*
We are looking for a senior full stack developer with a proven track record of developing React Native mobile applications and backend services using Amazon Web Services. As we are a small, but growing team you will be responsible for the maintenance and support of existing app features as well as planning and scoping new feature additions and iterations.
You will be working closely with our product team (design, product and development) to launch a meditation and lifestyle application. Applicants should have a proven track record working on large scale, consumer facing products with complex and intuitive UX/UI. Applicants should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, where each individual has a lot of influence and responsibility to deliver. You will play an extremely vital role in the development and release of this application. Since there is an existing global community waiting for this application, the app will have an immediate, engaged user base.
The AWS backend is built using a serverless approach using AppSync (GraphQL), DynamoDB, Cognito and Lambda. Local development and stack deployment is managed using the Serverless framework, and CI pipelines have been implemented using CircleCI and Bitrise. You will become responsible for all of the working elements of the system and the accounts associated with the architecture.
You are passionate about creating beautiful, modern, and intuitive user interfaces on mobile devices. You are comfortable with cross platform development (for iOS and Android), and enjoy solving the challenges that come with such a codebase. You understand how the AWS suite of products is structured, and can show experience writing fully tested scalable code using relevant AWS products and services. You understand API architecture, and can take a data model and translate it into reusable and flexible components. You enjoy shipping clean, readable and reusable code. You are comfortable working on a distributed team spread across time zones and cultures. You are excited to use technology to have a positive impact in the world as a whole, and in an intimate way for each individual.
- Work with design team during their sprints to develop the MVP (remotely and sometimes onsite)
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Collaborate with the team and contribute to the definition of specifications for new features, and own the development of those features
- Guide the team with regards to limitations and best practices in a mobile environment
- Proactively identify and correct bottlenecks, fix bugs and performance issues
- Maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Ensure testing strategy is followed within the team - for unit and integration tests
Skills and Requirements
- Proven experience in mobile app development
- Proven track record working within an AWS application environment
- An understanding of best practice DevOps process, and some experience writing CI pipelines and deployment scripts
- Proficient with React Native (and if not, a strong desire to learn)
- A knowledge of the latest developments from the React team and an understanding of the platform roadmap
- Some experience with Objective-C, Swift or C#
- Experience with large scale testing in a production environment
- Experience with React Native Animation and React Native limitations in native mobile environments
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with connecting mobile applications to back-end services through APIs
- Familiarly with the API standards including GraphQL and REST
- Experience turning data models into UI components
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with standard tools
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient with code versioning tools (Git)
- 3-5 years of testing and deploying code in a large scale production environment
- Authorized to work within the USA (preferable) or as an independent contractor outside the USA
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
Nice to Have Skills and Experience
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with AWS sysOps or devOps
- Experience with data architecture
- Experience with CRM integration and lead/customer nurturing
- Experience with the Transcendental Meditation® organization, meditation, or some form of healthy living
Pay and benefits
Our pay levels are set according to a formula combining median market rates with a discount on market rate of a certain percentage due to our non-profit status, and taking into account your cost of living due to where you are based (where MFI splits any saving due to cost of living adjustments with you).
We take the issue of equitable pay very seriously, and we apply our pay formula to all workers who work 80% or more of full time hours with us.
Diversity and inclusion
We place real importance on diversity and we strive to ensure all of our team feel included and can bring their whole selves to work. We also know that this work is never ‘done’ or complete.
If you feel that you may not have all the skills and experience to apply? Please do consider applying, even if you think you fit only 50% of the Skills and Qualifications outlined above.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/maharishi-foundation-international-senior-full-stack-developer