As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will enable our operations, business development, and product teams gain better insights into the business and help them make better decision using data. You will collaborate with multi-functional teams to understand their needs to design and implement actionable reporting products, source new data from different systems, and maintain production reports and data models.
- Design, build and launch new data models and ETL pipelines. • Work with Business, Engineering, and Product Management teams to gather requirements and build reports that answer business questions.
- Build rich and dynamic dashboards using out-of-box features, customization and visualizations.
- Simplify and democratize access to usable data throughout the company.
- Design and publish custom dashboards for business functions, stakeholders and employees around the company.
- Automate and document processes.
- Manage production reports and debug complex reporting issues in a timely manner.
- 4+ years of relevant experience or BS/BA in computer science, analytics, data science, statistics, or economics.
- Problem solver with ability to make sound complex decisions in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Good listener who encourages the expression of diverse ideas. • Ability to work on multiple areas like data pipeline ETL, data modeling & design, writing complex SQL queries.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in database technologies, and mastery of SQL. • Good knowledge of big data technologies (Hadoop).
- Good knowledge of SDLC concepts and tools (Git, Source Safe, Team Foundation Server, etc.).
- Able to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines with little supervision.
- Capable of planning and executing on both short-term and long-term goals individually and with the team.
- Pig, Spark, JSON, R or other programming skills are a plus.