You might have a computer science degree. You might not. That’s not what we’re looking for. We care about what you can do and how you do it, not about how you got here.
If you’re not in the Greenville, SC area, no problem. Our product team is distributed across the country. Remote work is embraced at Mailprotector.
This might be a good fit if you:
- Have designed, developed, and maintained large-scale Ruby on Rails production web apps.
- Are familiar with encryption algorithms.
- Have experience with email protocols and systems such as SMTP, POP3, IMAP, DMARC, DKIM, Microsoft Exchange, Postfix, and Dovecot.
- Craft solutions with a "security-first" mentality.
- Have experience with high performance event-driven network applications.
- Embrace a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Have a knowledge of database systems like MySQL, Aurora, Redis, and DynamoDB.
- Are comfortable digging in until you figure it out but know when it’s time to ask for help.
- Enjoy the additional freedoms and responsibilities of small company culture.
- Regularly have ideas about making things better that you can persuasively communicate.
- Desire to improve, learn more, and make things better.
Other things you should know:
- Our interview process is more involved and thorough than you think it will be. This helps us make sure we find you the right seat on the bus
- We're going to pay much more attention to your cover letter than your resume
- We're first and foremost a team, but that doesn’t mean this is a place to blend in. We are looking for creative, intelligent, opinionated, hard-working teammates who want their efforts and input to matter.