Headquarters: Remote - anywhere in the US
User Experience (UX) & Fundraising Intern (Remote, Temp 2020)
Full-time (40 hours/week) • Starts on or before August 10, 2020, Ends Nov. 30, 2020 • $25/hour • Benefits • Work From Anywhere in the Continental U.S.
Application deadline July 20, 2020 at 12pm ET.
Apply here: https://grnh.se/7defb9261us
MoveOn is a diverse and vibrant community of millions of people working together to create progressive change in America. We are an innovative campaigning organization that supports people throughout the country to take action through driving impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, shape the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible. We organize to challenge entrenched power, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice and a vision of a country in which everyone can thrive.
MoveOn has a particularly important role to play in the Trump era. We are working to defeat Donald Trump and the GOP in 2020 by building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populist movement that will give voters something to vote for, not just against—and we're also working to defend communities that are on the front lines of Trump and GOP attacks, including immigrants, people of color, the LGBTQ community, and women. In service of that mission, in 2020 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.
We are looking for a motivated UX and Fundraising Intern to leverage their technical skills to help improve our digital products in this important election year. The work that you do will also be an important part of how we raise money at MoveOn, influence the national political narrative, build power to defeat Donald Trump in November, and set the agenda for a progressive governing future.
User Experience (50%)
- Work with the Product team to conceptualize and implement thoughtful, original interventions that incorporate MoveOn member feedback and improve digital experiences.
- Using industry-standard apps, test web pages for functionality across browsers, resolutions, and devices and report any bugs or inconsistencies.
- Assist in analyzing opportunities to improve digital experiences through user testing, usability studies, and market research and summarizing findings.
- Write detailed user stories and other documentation of our key digital tools, and perform web content updates as-needed.
Interact directly with online donors and donor prospects through direct 1:1 communications and help inform our work to make that process more efficient and impactful.
Required skills and experience
- QA Experience including user acceptance, compatibility, and accessibility testing
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Empathy for users and ability to creatively solve problems through testing solutions, including familiarity with the UX research process and experimental design.
- Experience with and interest in progressive activism, advocacy, organizing, or politics.
- Strong equity analysis and demonstrated understanding, commitment to, and prioritization of racial and social justice, and experience working effectively with different constituencies.
- Self-directedness—MoveOn is a virtual office, and while you will interact with your colleagues constantly, you will be driving your own workflow and output. Excellent personal organization and time management skills are key.
- Keen attention to detail and highly dependable work ethic.
- Ability to work well under pressure within a fast-paced, high-performing team.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to change.
Reports to: Product Director
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the continental United States. May require occasional travel.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time, competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year, prorated for the period that you work; 18 weeks of paid parental leave (birth, adoption, foster care placement of a child), 10 days accrued paid sick time, and paid family medical leave; staff holidays, professional development budget of $1,000, monthly cell phone and internet reimbursement of $175 per month, home office subsidy, and everything needed for a home office.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/moveon-org-ux-and-fundraising-internship-paid