Headquarters: Virtual in the United States
MOVEON REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Project: MoveOn Action Corps Organizing Tools
Proposals accepted on a rolling basis until: Monday, October 13, 2019
Project begins: Monday, October 21
Project overview: MoveOn seeks a contract product manager, based anywhere within the U.S., to evaluate and select a tool or suite of tools that can best meet our members’ and staff’s community-building needs. We are building out a digital community space for MoveOn members to see, know, inspire, and support each other, and recruit new leaders to join them. Since 2017, MoveOn has run several large-scale action programs that have developed the leadership of and built community among thousands of MoveOn members. These programs include Resistance Summer, Resist & Win, Nobody is Above the Law, Crisis Response Network, Text Team, Support Corps, and Training Corps. These members continue to actively organize their communities for positive change, and are active with MoveOn campaigns. However, MoveOn currently lacks the support structures to help these skilled, committed leaders stay in relationship with one another. You can be part of changing that!
Scope of work:
- Run the discovery process with members of the Organizing Team, volunteer leaders, and other stakeholders to define the problems we are looking to solve
- Familiarize yourself with MoveOn’s current digital community platforms (Facebook groups and Slack)
- Research community building and collaboration products that exist to solve the problems identified through the discovery process, facilitate demos for stakeholders, and coach stakeholders to evaluate the products. Products can include but are not limited to: ControlShift Groups and Events, Mobilize Groups, Slack, Facebook Groups, and Action Builder
- Lead a decision making process and decide which product or combination of products to use
- Identify if any custom development or integration work is necessary for implementation
- Create the project plan and project manage the implementation, including working with our organizing team, our in-house tech team and/or tech contractors if necessary
- Create documentation for staff and volunteers
Criteria for selection:
- Demonstrated success as a product manager, particularly in organizing or progressive political contexts
- Able to communicate fluently in video meetings and in writing with both technical and nontechnical staff, and drive clarity in discussions with MoveOn staff, volunteers, stakeholders, and external vendors
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Excellent project management skills: ability to coordinate, plan, execute, and track implementation from beginning to end, and across technical and nontechnical teams
- Experience successfully leading equitable decision-making processes with leadership from diverse stakeholders and attuned to historic inequities in who makes decisions about technology
- Self-directed, efficient, determined, thorough, and a relentless finisher: able to determine the work to be done, prioritize, and get things done; ability to set and meet deadlines; able to reliably drive tasks and projects through to completion
- Hands-on: detail-oriented and in the weeds with both the organizing team and the tech team
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly and effectively
- Ability to facilitate meetings and ensure alignment across stakeholder groups
- Ability to be effective in an organization whose team members all work remotely
Proposal submissions: To be considered for this role, please submit either a cover letter and resume, or a proposal which includes the following information below. No preference will be given to either form of submission. Please make sure to include the following information:
Background: Name, title and contact information.
Experience: Tell us about your relevant experience. A resume may be submitted in lieu of this section if your relevant experience appears within your resume.
Approach: Briefly explain how you would work with us to decide what digital tool or set of tools to use to build our online member community and how you would implement that decision
Cost and availability: Include an estimate for hourly rate in your proposal and any limitations on your availability. The project begins Monday, October 21. We anticipate this project will require 10-20 hours of work and should be completed by December 6, 2019, with the possibility of an additional phase after December 6 to evaluate and expand upon the first phase.
References: Past clients that MoveOn may reach out to as references, with contact info.
Submission: Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "Organizing Tools Product Manager" in the subject line. Please submit by Monday, October 13, 2019.
- MoveOn reserves the right to make an award without further discussion of the proposal submitted. Therefore, the proposal should be submitted initially on the most favorable terms that the vendor could propose. There will be no best-and-final-offer procedure. MoveOn does reserve the right to contact a vendor for clarification of its proposal.
- The vendor should be prepared to accept this request for proposal for incorporation into a contract resulting from this request for proposal. Contract negotiations may incorporate some or the vendor’s entire proposal. It is understood that the proposal will become a part of the official procurement file on this matter without obligation to MoveOn.
No obligation to contract
This request for proposal does not obligate MoveOn to contract for services specified herein.
Rejection of proposals
MoveOn reserves the right at its sole discretion to reject any and all proposals received without penalty and not to issue a contract as a result of this request for proposal.
The vendor will adopt and disseminate a policy that the vendor, in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, ethnic identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, economic status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected basis.
To apply: http://Submit to email@example.com and put "Organizing Tools Product Manager" in the subject line. Please submit by Monday, October 13, 2019.