Headquarters: Beijing, Paris, London
My China Roots is building the world’s first online database to empower millions of Overseas Chinese to connect with their roots!Our fast-growing, international and passionate team of 12 already leads the market in custom roots research & travel services (www.mychinaroots.com
). Spread out over Beijing, Guangzhou, Paris, and London, we are expanding our tech team to shape and build the future of Chinese genealogy. What will you do?
- Write code to solve interesting problems, including how to automate digitization of historical Chinese records Collaborate with our industry-leading research team to process and build the largest database of Chinese historical records in the world
- Deal with multiple types of servers: bare-metal, cloud, VM, you name it!
- Use an understanding of off-the-shelf opensource and SaaS solutions to accelerate development
- You will help us decide what to build and why, and have full freedom to pursue the how
- You will report to our CTO Jean, who is based in Paris
What do we offer?
- Negotiable salary & equity at fast-growing startup that has already gained traction & momentum
- Creative & collaborative work with multicultural & inspired colleagues
- A unique opportunity to build a platform that provides true socio-cultural value. See e.g. a short film about life-changing client experiences or listen to us on the Sinica Podcast!
What are we looking for?
Architect and Developer
- Experience in software architecture design and development skills
- Understanding of database systems, software architecture, devops
- Understanding of best practices necessary to write maintainable code
Someone who thrives in a startup environment
- Responsible and self-motivated person who can get things done without micromanagement
- A team player
- Fluent English
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with big data, Optical Character Recognition, Natural Language Processing, Pattern Recognition
- Chinese language proficiency
- Interest in (overseas) Chinese history and cultural heritage & identity
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org