Headquarters: Chapel Hill, NC
At Newfangled, our Marketing Automation Strategists are vital to the success of our clients’ digital marketing programs. They are the experts who design and manage all outbound marketing strategies for our clients, and train those clients on the marketing technology required to make their digital marketing a success. That technology not only consists of commonly used marketing automation tools like Act-On, Hubspot, and Pardot as well as a suite of Wordpress plugins that foster website lead engagement, but also includes our proprietary reporting tool used to analyze results of digital marketing campaigns and provide prospecting data to our clients in real time.
This is a client-facing, consultative position. Our Marketing Automation Strategists meet with clients weekly during the implementation phase, and then at least monthly thereafter. The goal of the strategy sessions is to advise the client on all aspects of a successful outbound digital marketing ecosystem, including SEO, email marketing, A/B testing, email list acquisition and segmentation, measurement and reporting, lead scoring, and automated nurture campaigns.
While we do work with other systems, applicants with prior experience using Wordpress and Act-On Software are strongly preferred.
Our Marketing Automation Strategists also serve as internal experts to the rest of the Newfangled team, assisting team members when marketing technology questions arise.
Our Marketing Automation Strategists are responsible for…
- Collaborating with other Newfangled experts, such as Content Marketing Coaches and Paid Media Specialists, in order to design a successful outbound marketing strategy for clients on a monthly basis
- Training clients on the marketing technology required to execute on their outbound marketing strategy
- Consulting clients monthly on digital marketing best practices in the areas of SEO, email marketing, marketing automation, list segmentation, lead scoring and A/B testing. Strategists record these consulting sessions and provide detailed notes to clients each month.
You’re probably a fit for this position if you…
- Have 3+ years digital marketing experience, specifically working in a client-facing role and managing digital marketing technology
- Consider yourself very knowledgeable in the areas of SEO, marketing automation, and email marketing
- Have a basic understanding of Wordpress and Google Analytics
- Have an ability to learn new technologies quickly, often independently, then pass that knowledge on to others
- Are a strong communicator and possess the skills to confidently consult clients, explain complex ideas in a digestible format, and then document those ideas in easy to read written notes
- Enjoy working in a team environment, both with internal teams and as part of a team with clients
Why you might want to work at Newfangled
- We primarily operate in North Carolina’s triangle area, but open to candidates throughout North America
- Mostly remote work environment, under normal circumstances
- Full individual health insurance through BCBS
- Full dental
- 401k, with matching up to 4%
- Performance-based bonus system
- $50,000 life insurance benefit, in addition to long and short term disability
- $50 per month smart phone reimbursement
- Paid family leave (after 12 months employment)
- 12 paid vacation days per year
- 9 additional company holidays per year
- 5 days off between Christmas and New Year’s Eve (in addition to the 9 day allotment listed above)
- Half days Fridays most of the year and always before a three day weekend (memorial day, labor day, 4th of July, President’s or MLK, Columbus or Veterans)
- 2 community service days per year
- $40/month allowance for health/wellness programs (gym, team sport, yoga, etc…)
- Annual 4 day company retreat
- The opportunity to work for a highly-established and well-respected firm where you will do important, meaningful work with kind and competent people who respect you and your need to have a full and vibrant life outside of the work
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org